Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Road

• 15-05-2015 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭

Lads, been off the bike for a few years now but thinking about getting an off road machine. Never ridden off road so haven't a clue and was wondering where to start.

Had a look at motocross.ie and that seems to be a bit dead, was wondering is there any school here or should I look at a weekend in the UK as a beginner. If I liked it I might buy an enduro for messing around on and keeping a bit of bike skills in play.

Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

traco wrote: »
    Lads, been off the bike for a few years now but thinking about getting an off road machine. Never ridden off road so haven't a clue and was wondering where to start.

Had a look at motocross.ie and that seems to be a bit dead, was wondering is there any school here or should I look at a weekend in the UK as a beginner. If I liked it I might buy an enduro for messing around on and keeping a bit of bike skills in play.

Suggestions welcome.

Where are u based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Dublin - Northside

I think there is some kind of track near the airport in Waterford.
    I don't know anything about it though.
    Meant to check it out before but forgot about it.

Edit!! Just dawned on me...that's the motocross.ie one isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

blade1 wrote: »
    I think there is some kind of track near the airport in Waterford.
    I don't know anything about it though.
    Meant to check it out before but forgot about it.

Cheers - I'll see if I can find it on the web.

I was considering something like this, head over on the ferry and get in two solid days. I'd know if it was for me after that. Be handy if there was soemthing similar here.
    http://www.mickextanceexperience.com/experiences/enduro-experiences

traco wrote: »
    Cheers - I'll see if I can find it on the web.

I was considering something like this, head over on the ferry and get in two solid days. I'd know if it was for me after that. Be handy if there was soemthing similar here.
    http://www.mickextanceexperience.com/experiences/enduro-experiences

Go for it.
    As u said it would be great to have something like that here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

There are many off-road schools in the UK - brand names and independents. e.g. Yamaha - Wales and elsewhere, BMW in Wales, KTM, Desert Rose\Patsy Quick.
    I'm not familiar with what's available in IRL.

Advertisement