Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE Action Project

Options
  • 15-05-2015 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm in 2nd year right now and I am doing an 'action project' for the summer tests. It's really a practise for the real booklet next year. We went to the Dáil for it earlier this year, has anyone else gone there?

I'm currently doing the reflection, but when I handed it up to be corrected by the teacher, I got a much lower score than anticipated so I have to redo it. I know it's only 2nd year, but I'd love an A in the summer tests to balance out everything else!

I'm having a lot of trouble with the reflection. Could anyone who's gone to the Dáil for their action project be able to help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I went to the Dáil as well for my CSPE action project. :) I also got an A in CSPE.

You need to bulls**t the reflection part. Mention how you now have a better understanding of how our political system works, how you now know what politicians do on a day-to-day basis. You need to also go back to the CSPE concept that your project is based on; in this case democracy. People who visit the Dáil for their action project and don't do well tend to just describe the visit and not explained how the visit benefited them and how they now have a much greater understanding of our parliament system.
    This may not all be the case of course but you do have to exaggerate a bit. ;)

Hope this helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ciara3661

VG31 wrote: »
    I went to the Dáil as well for my CSPE action project. :) I also got an A in CSPE.

You need to bulls**t the reflection part. Mention how you now have a better understanding of how our political system works, how you now know what politicians do on a day-to-day basis. You need to also go back to the CSPE concept that your project is based on; in this case democracy. People who visit the Dáil for their action project and don't do well tend to just describe the visit and not explained how the visit benefited them and how they now have a much greater understanding of our parliament system.
    This may not all be the case of course but you do have to exaggerate a bit. ;)

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much! I had no clue what to say, this is going to help me so much. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Say if you would become or not become a TD and give reasons like they do a great job and sh!te like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alex_01

I visited the Dáil for my action project. Be sure to include the history of the dáíl as well as the Government for your project. Was there a talk on while you were there? What were they talking about? Include that. When I done my project I did not have to do it myself, my CSPE teacher helped us out with it. It wasn't a big deal, we were given instructions on what to write down. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ciara3661

Thanks everyone so much for the answers. :)
    You've all been a great help. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement