Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lame Horse

Options
  • 15-05-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

As the title suggests, I've a lame horse... It started last Saturday and was only very mild so we kept her stabled, we then let her out for the past two days and she was better, we then brought her in today & she was lame again and worsened then the first time... I don't know whether to box-rest her or let her into a fenced off section of the field as this would be better for her joints etc? It's her left hind leg... Hoof is clean, no discomfort of the sole when pressed, no thrush, no heat so possibly a joint?? Had the farrier today and he said it wasn't her hoof :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Think it's time to get the vet out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

as Ah_Yeah has mentioned, you should contact your vet and seek their advice rather than asking here where we can't give veterinary advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tommy090

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Think it's time to get the vet out!

Called the vets two/three days ago, they said to keep her in a small paddock, and not give her anything like bute etc as this will just mask pain - there's no swelling or heat. She has been out for the past few days, seperated from the other horses as to not aggravate it from running & she was better. Then brought her in today due to rain and she's a tiny bit lame again. Have her in stable now, will put her back out tomorrow evening & leave her out for all this good weather supposedly coming

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tommy090

convert wrote: »
    as Ah_Yeah has mentioned, you should contact your vet and seek their advice rather than asking here where we can't give veterinary advice.

I did, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

If the farrier says its not the foot and the vet agrees, I would ask for an Osteopath or Physio to come out and assess for muscle/joint pain that might be causing the lameness. Happened to my horse!

• Advertisement
Advertisement