Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

todays bad experience

• 15-05-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi,

Today wanted to go on little spin try out my new clipless pedals. i went straight in the morning ate 2 bannanas and went on. so at maybe after 8 kms, on one crossing (as i am not used to clipless pedals) could clip-off and fell on side :) and nothing bad didnt really hurt myself (just a little scratch on finger), as i was laughing at myself stood up...and boom then it came, complete dizzi feeling, like i had really low pressure, started to see strange circles and felt like i was going to die :), paniced a little i have to say...then i drinked water a bit and sat down for about 15mins and eventually got better...still had little headache though and felt a bit weak. normally i cycle everyday at least 15kms and so i am used to cycle a lot. i am asking because on sunday i am going on cycle vacation and will be cycling alot so i hope i would have any complications.

i was wondering what this possibly could be the cause of this? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

You need to ask a doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Doesn't sound good. Have you made a will?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Could just be the shock of the fall but get checked by a doc if you are concerned. Apart from that practise in the cleats and maybe bring regular pedals with you on hols in case you lose your nerve and need to change back for a bit (tho i recommend sticking with the clipless)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

killswitx wrote: »
    hi,

Today wanted to go on little spin try out my new clipless pedals. i went straight in the morning ate 2 bannanas and went on. so at maybe after 8 kms, on one crossing (as i am not used to clipless pedals) could clip-off and fell on side :) and nothing bad didnt really hurt myself (just a little scratch on finger), as i was laughing at myself stood up...and boom then it came, complete dizzi feeling, like i had really low pressure, started to see strange circles and felt like i was going to die :), paniced a little i have to say...then i drinked water a bit and sat down for about 15mins and eventually got better...still had little headache though and felt a bit weak. normally i cycle everyday at least 15kms and so i am used to cycle a lot. i am asking because on sunday i am going on cycle vacation and will be cycling alot so i hope i would have any complications.

i was wondering what this possibly could be the cause of this? thanks

Sorry, the only advice we can give you with regard to medical issues on this forum is to see a doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement