Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch Panel beep on Alarm

Options
  • 15-05-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have a HKC securewatch 8/12. I am pretty sure when I installed the alarm the Keypad Panel used to beep when alarm was triggered, but now it does not.

I have checked options in the Mis. opts menu and turned on Latch Chime and Int Bell Chime.

Is it possible to get the panel to beep when alarm is triggered?

btw at the moment i don't have an internal bell connected so i just wanted some indication the alarm had triggered as i cant always hear the outside bell from within the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

the_head wrote: »
    I have a HKC securewatch 8/12. I am pretty sure when I installed the alarm the Keypad Panel used to beep when alarm was triggered, but now it does not.

I have checked options in the Mis. opts menu and turned on Latch Chime and Int Bell Chime.

Is it possible to get the panel to beep when alarm is triggered?

btw at the moment i don't have an internal bell connected so i just wanted some indication the alarm had triggered as i cant always hear the outside bell from within the house.

Keypad beeps are for faults and entry beeps.
    Why have you no internal bell on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 the_head

The one I had broke. I just thought the panel beeping would do for now until a get a replacement. The other night the alarm went off and I could barely hear the outside bell.

Are you sure it does not beep on an alarm like it would on a power fault? I thought it did this in the past on a previous system I used ( same model)

the_head wrote: »
    The one I had broke. I just thought the panel beeping would do for now until a get a replacement. The other night the alarm went off and I could barely hear the outside bell.

Are you sure it does not beep on an alarm like it would on a power fault? I thought it did this in the past on a previous system I used ( same model)

You should get yourself a sound bomb.
    That is the cheapest solution for a replacement.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1
    There is no logic to not having an internal siren installed.
    If you really want to have the buzzer sound you may be able to reprogramme the internal bell output as buzzer.

Internal bell or buzzer.
    Internal bell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement