Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PVR For Analogue Signal??

• 15-05-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I have UPC broadband, and with i get about 17-19 channels by just the outlet itself... I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a DVR which will allow me to pause the TV and even record, not series link kinda stuff, but simply pause it and come back later, or press record and continue recording til i press stop. I know old vhs and dvd recorders did it, and im looking for something that simple, but record to a hard drive, is it out there??

Cheers
    dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

I had one long ago was a Panasonic analouge tuner before digital came onair.
    It was a harddrive that recorded off the air, no serial recording but I think it had a limited PDC that Channel 4 use and BBC did a trial.
    All I think is you can use a TV tuner card in the PC and use Windows media software but I am sure someone else can tell more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Souriau wrote: »
    I had one long ago was a Panasonic analouge tuner before digital came onair.
    It was a harddrive that recorded off the air, no serial recording but I think it had a limited PDC that Channel 4 use and BBC did a trial.
    All I think is you can use a TV tuner card in the PC and use Windows media software but I am sure someone else can tell more details.

Cheers for that, i use a mac mini with plex as my main source of entertainment so ill have a look around to see if i can find a USB based tuner card which is applicable to mac

Thanks again
    dpjmie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

It sounds like you are looking for one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-RDR-HX510-DVD-Recorder-80GB-Drive/dp/B0008GK11O

It's a DVD recorder with a built in hard disk. I used to use it before the arrival of digital signals. Can also be used to record from scart (sky box, UPC, etc.) Can transfer from hard disk to DVD.

I have one that I do not use anymore so PM me if you are interested.

dpjmie wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I have UPC broadband, and with i get about 17-19 channels by just the outlet itself... I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a DVR which will allow me to pause the TV and even record, not series link kinda stuff, but simply pause it and come back later, or press record and continue recording til i press stop. I know old vhs and dvd recorders did it, and im looking for something that simple, but record to a hard drive, is it out there??

Cheers
    dpjmie

Advertisement