Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good racing game

Options
  • 15-05-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im going to the shop next week and im thinking of buying a racing game.
    Im thinking of buying project cars but is it worth buying.
    Also is there any other racing games worth buying .
    pls leave ant suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Depends what type of driving game you are looking for. Project Cars at the more "realistic" end of the scale and is still finding it's feet with updates and patches.

Drive Club is getting better and better since it came out. It's more forgiving and less "realistic" handling wise but it's a bargain at €25 on PSN and it has loads of content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZggnfolreA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Im currently playing driveclub and it is good. The handling is very forgiving the car grips when in a game like Gran Turismo or Project cars you would spin out and off the track.

Driveclub has loads of content and quite a lot of hours gameplay. havent played project cars yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I got a PS4 and Project Cars today. Really enjoying Project Cars. I was expecting more from next gen graphics, it looks good but not mind blowing but my god the sounds are so much better. I've been playing Project Cars since about 15:00 today trying out different cars in free mode and doing the career (karting at the moment).

The sound of the cars is just brilliant. So much better than the Gran Turismo series. Headset was up full all day! (Drive the V8 Atom :D)

Yeah the graphics in Project Cars took a back seat over more accurate physics. If you want to see next gen graphics in a PS4 racer then Drive Club is the game but it has arcade handling.

Just need to combine the two together.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

tkd93 wrote: »

Ha,the description for driveclub on that link is for evil within i think,was reading and was thinking wtf?

really when i click on it it brings up drive club ha either way cex sells it for 20

Crap your right about the description ha

really when i click on it it brings up drive club ha either way cex sells it for 20

The full game is €25 on PSN anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Crap your right about the description ha

I dont think driveclub is great but i wouldnt call it a horror story:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Driveclub pisses all over Project Cars. Get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I like Driveclub a lot, in ten or fifteen minute chunks. It's instantly fun and beautiful to look at, and I keep coming back to it. Nice every now and then to turn off all the HUD elements and just enjoy. Zero problem recommending it to anyone really.

Also enjoying Project Cars, but not particularly happy with its little bugs and performance issues. I've redownloaded it twice to make sure, and I still think I'm playing a different version to that in the reviews. Even EDGE, last month's issue, talked about the 'smooth 60 fps performance, which holds firm with over 30 cars onscreen'. Absolute rubbish. That is not even remotely something I've experienced, the framerate being noticeably bad on a few different tracks, never mind what kind of weather or the amount of drivers. And whenever I get hit by another car, the realistic physics go completely out the window. But the enjoyment in the game is, for me, in the sense of achievement when you really get to grips with a track and a car. Sometimes just barely managing a top 5 finish feels like a massive triumph. I like that. I just wish it was more technically up to scratch, less bugs, better graphics, better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

mickstupp wrote: »
    I like Driveclub a lot, in ten or fifteen minute chunks. It's instantly fun and beautiful to look at, and I keep coming back to it. Nice every now and then to turn off all the HUD elements and just enjoy. Zero problem recommending it to anyone really.

Also enjoying Project Cars, but not particularly happy with its little bugs and performance issues. I've redownloaded it twice to make sure, and I still think I'm playing a different version to that in the reviews. Even EDGE, last month's issue, talked about the 'smooth 60 fps performance, which holds firm with over 30 cars onscreen'. Absolute rubbish. That is not even remotely something I've experienced, the framerate being noticeably bad on a few different tracks, never mind what kind of weather or the amount of drivers. And whenever I get hit by another car, the realistic physics go completely out the window. But the enjoyment in the game is, for me, in the sense of achievement when you really get to grips with a track and a car. Sometimes just barely managing a top 5 finish feels like a massive triumph. I like that. I just wish it was more technically up to scratch, less bugs, better graphics, better performance.

I haven't bought Project Cars yet due to all the issues but there is a new patch coming out shortly which will hopefully fix some of these. Here's hoping anyway. Apart from the bugs it's meant to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

sugarman wrote: »
    Drive Club is €15 in Xtravision

i can see it at full price 34.99??

in the market place section of the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Cheers! Must pick this up!

Is there anything DLC-wise that would be missing by picking up a second hand copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^No. Don't think anything was included in the original purchase.
    But there's a load of DLC now, couple of free cars, one free location (Japan), and the rest I think is car packs and tournaments. The season pass is a great deal at the moment because of how much extra stuff they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

can you get this in-store or it has to be online?

http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/DRIVECLUB/movies-games/pd/59352?path=ps4

Defo get it from the website say it would be hit or miss depending on the store

Advertisement