Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Cabinet

• 15-05-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

i have just been looking at the eircom wholsele site and it is saying that the cabinet near where i live ( 300m ) is live for fibre broadband,  how can i upgrade, Thanks  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

daddy_boy wrote: »
    i have just been looking at the eircom wholsele site and it is saying that the cabinet near where i live ( 300m ) is live for fibre broadband,  how can i upgrade, Thanks  
    Hi daddy_boy

If you would like to PM me your land line number or specific address I will check availability for you before you call our sales team.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

Hi daddy_boy

If you would like to PM me your land line number or specific address I will check availability for you before you call our sales team.

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent

Hi daddy_boy

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    I'm sorry to confirm that your line is not connected to the local eFibre cabinet but rather your line is directly fed by the local exchange NRS1_091 (soon to be migrated to NRE1_E01 when it is efibre enabled)

This means that until the NRE1_E01 is launched we will be unable to offer your more information surrounding efibre. The only good news to this is that it's provisionally scheduled to launch within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Al

Hi daddy_boy

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent
    I'm sorry to confirm that your line is not connected to the local eFibre cabinet but rather your line is directly fed by the local exchange NRS1_091 (soon to be migrated to NRE1_E01 when it is efibre enabled)

This means that until the NRE1_E01 is launched we will be unable to offer your more information surrounding efibre. The only good news to this is that it's provisionally scheduled to launch within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Al
    OK thanks for looking into it

Hi daddy_boy

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent

Thanks
    Al
    OK thanks for looking into it
    You're most welcome daddy_boy

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

Hi ,

Any update on this?

Hi ,

Any update on this?
    Hi daddy_boy

Works to migrate lines currently on NRS1_091 to NRS1_E01 do not have an advised completion date I'm afraid. I know this has become quite a long wait for good news on this however I'm unable of offer you a further timeframe. Sorry I can't offer you better news right now.

Thanks
    Al

ok thanks

ok thanks
    Thanks for you understanding daddy_boy

I'll certainly keep my eye on this for you

Al

Hi,

Just thought i would give this a nudge, any news etc.. as its now 10 months ish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Hi daddy_boy,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

I'm afraid the information available on-line is the most up to date information we have available on this at the minute.
    Have you checked your number here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/? I would recommend registering your interest here and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Pamela 

Hi,

Hi daddy_boy,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

I'm afraid the information available on-line is the most up to date information we have available on this at the minute.
    Have you checked your number here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/? I would recommend registering your interest here and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Pamela 
    so no news then

I'm afraid not daddy_boy,

Pamela 

Its been one year since my original post ,still waiting.........

Its been one year since my original post ,still waiting.........
    I'm sorry to hear this daddy_boy, the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. 

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for responding, - with your standard answer.

The reason i have not been up graded is that the cabinet is live and the properties next door and adjacent have e-fibre because they are fed direct, I haven't been up graded because i am connected to a distribution box up a pole that only feeds 5/6 houses, so eircom eir (cost x million to change your name ) dont regard it as financially viable to send a engineer out to upgrade the distribution box, I pay circa 1000 euro pa for my line. But i shall just sit here and wait.

Anyway, thanks Pamela for taking the time to respond, speak next year.

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for responding,  - with your standard answer.

The reason i have not been up graded is that the cabinet is live and the properties next door and adjacent have e-fibre because they are fed direct, I haven't been up graded because i am connected to a distribution box up a pole that  only feeds 5/6 houses, so eircom eir (cost x million to change your name ) dont regard it as financially viable to send a engineer out to upgrade the distribution box, I pay circa 1000 euro pa for my line. But i shall just sit here and wait.

Anyway, thanks Pamela for taking the time to respond, speak next year.
    It's no problem.

I can understand your frustration  daddy_boy unfortunately we have no further information on this at the minute. 
    As soon as we do it will be available to you.

-Pamela

18 months .....

1 year, 9 months  ........

1 year, 9 months  ........
    Hi  daddy_boy,

Can you PM me your account details & I'll check the latest information on the the efibre rollout in your area. 

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

2 years 3 months 30 days !!!  

2 years 8 months 16 days 
    or 
    142 weeks 
    or 
    992 days

and i got a letter today putting up my charges by 10% :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

2 years 8 months 16 days 
    or 
    142 weeks 
    or 
    992 days

Hi daddy_boy,

Can you PM me your account details & I'll check the latest information on the efibre rollout in your area. 

Thanks

Thomas

2 years 8 months 16 days 
    or 
    142 weeks 
    or 
    992 days

Hi daddy_boy,

Can you PM me your account details & I'll check the latest information on the efibre rollout in your area. 

Thanks

Thomas
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

2 years 8 months 16 days 
    or 
    142 weeks 
    or 
    992 days

Hi daddy_boy,

Thanks

Thomas
    PM sent
    I will respond to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

3 years 2 months 8 days ..... and counting.

just like to bump my question i wouldn't want to think i was being ignored !!

also i am only 300m to the cabinet.

And just another interesting statistic , eircom , eir bill me at 50e pcm plus extras that is 38 months x 50e = lots !!

3 years 8 months 26 days 
    or
    1367 days

Just saying........

Advertisement