Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your experience of referendum canvassers??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No it was a canvasser on here. A glimpse of the new tolerant Ireland.

One person does not speak for a whole country you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭barretsimpson

meglome wrote: »
    Well I'm willing to give it a try.

Nice threat. The mask drops pretty fast now the vote is almost in.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'd say if someone forced it into my mouth it would really get you off.

You were saying something about being abusive?

oscarBravo wrote: »

I'm not the one that made the threat.

oscarBravo wrote: »

I'm not the one that made the threat. Funny how you ignored that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Just been told on another thread, I should "stick a penis in my mouth".
    Welcome to the new Ireland folks.

You were told that because you were snarkily asking "can I be in your big gay liberal gang now", not because you were voting no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It really is no wonder the Yes side are being called bullies when the likes of the above poster will take anything said to him that's mildly disagreeing and call it abuse, and then make up stuff about what is going to be done to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

In fairness, I pointed out a sausage is an acceptable alternative.

You were told that because you were snarkily asking "can I be in your big gay liberal gang now", not because you were voting no

Well that obviously justified the threat of oral rape then. My apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It's a very different thing to ask "can I be in your big gay liberal gang" (after already having several aggressive and dismissive posts in the thread under your belt) and then being told "put a penis in your mouth and get back to us" than it is to say "I'm voting no" and be told "you deserve to be orally raped".

Putting a penis in your mouth isn't oral rape, btw, but that doesn't fit your persecution complex so I'm not surprised you'd misrepresent what was said.

Anyhoo, I've not had any canvassers to the door, which I was surprised by considering where I live. There's been bad behaviour on both sides but I haven't directly experienced any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Someone in a different thread said something abusive to you and instead of reporting that to a Mod, you came here to tell everybody and open yourself to more abuse by been argumentative. Get over yourself or just go away.

It's a very different thing to ask "can I be in your big gay liberal gang" (after already having several aggressive and dismissive posts in the thread under your belt) and then being told "put a penis in your mouth and get back to us" than it is to say "I'm voting no" and be told "you deserve to be orally raped".

Putting a penis in your mouth isn't oral rape, btw, but that doesn't fit your persecution complex so I'm not surprised you'd misrepresent what was said.

Alternatively, people can simply read the truth for themselves.

Does it make me gay if I'd like to see you try it? try-curious perhaps?
    After all if you're not into gay sex your surely homophobic, or you soon will be labelled so.
    Well I'm willing to give it a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Alternatively, people can simply read the truth for themselves.

If there's a problem, report it and let a Mod decide.

aunt aggie wrote: »
    Someone in a different thread said something abusive to you and instead of reporting that to a Mod, you came here to tell everybody and open yourself to more abuse by been argumentative.

I have reported it, so try telling the truth.
    aunt aggie wrote: »
    Get over yourself or just go away.

Decisions, decisions . . . I think I will vote after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

The internet...serious ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Does it make me gay if I'd like to see you try it? try-curious perhaps?

Would your response be the same if the poster were female? (assuming he is a he)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

After all if you're not into gay sex your surely homophobic, or you soon will be labelled so.

MOD: Banned for 3 days for trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Would your response be the same if the poster were female? (assuming he is a he)

I don't think whining is related to sex. Colour me tired of new reg no voters with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I don't think whining is related to sex. Colour me tired of new reg no voters with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

And your reply isn't related to what I asked you.
    Are you avoiding the question or justifying your response?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I was a YES canvasser and as a member of FG I'm experienced at it.
    We began by introducing ourselves, then ask the person had they decided, if yes then end of conversation, if no or undecided you respectfully try to convince them to vote yes. Although usually unrepentant No voters don't engage at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,851 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Also Muslim people will not be able to marry more than one person.

Good, because polygamy is abusive of women.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

And your reply isn't related to what I asked you.
    Are you avoiding the question or justifying your response?

To clarify I was talking nonsense to yet another new reg no voter who was pretending to be oppressed by the yes side. I have no interest in anything to do with this person and when they chose to talk nonsense I choose to respond in kind. That's as deep as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mark_79 wrote: »
    A scumbag for distracting motorists or a scumbag for campaigning a no vote?
    Scumbag for distracting motorists. In the post you quoted I also called FF complete & utter scum, and you can throw FG in there too. Knowingly going against safety guidelines, ruthless scum of the earth.

Advertisement