Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gpu and for about 200

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some pretty strong feedback and data to indicate NVIDIA are gimping their old series of GPUS on witcher.

Rule of thumb seems to be turn of Hairworks immediately, and then look into getting an OLD driver for your card.

If you havn't upgraded drivers to the latest(Witcher release) then you are on the old ones, and should stay there for now :)

Been recorded FPS drops from people on the 700 series moving to latest drivers for Witcher 3. Those on older drivers and with hairworks disable reporting 50-60FPS on 1080p res which is pretty good.

Im pretty jelly, sweating for a new GPU and hate the wait!

Ohhh I see, I never really install all the drivers from nvidia or amd from the sites I have always used driver plus updater and never had a problem I had witcher 3 running at about 45 to 55 fps on mine this morning on pretty high settings. Looked really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nice one.

I'm in that camp hoping AMD new releases mean a reduction in existing 290 series. €360 at present for the 290 variant I want, need that to drop sub €300 to justify a purchase : /

Nice one.

I'm in that camp hoping AMD new releases mean a reduction in existing 290 series. €360 at present for the 290 variant I want, need that to drop sub €300 to justify a purchase : /

There has been a few 290 on sale on adverts for under 300 mate one went for 250 quid only a month old receipt and warranty ect.

Just checked one on it now for 240.

jayo26 wrote: »
    There has been a few 290 on sale on adverts for under 300 mate one went for 250 quid only a month old receipt and warranty ect.

Just checked one on it now for 240.

Yeah for 290's only really interested in the Saphire Tri cooler or Vapor X, as they seem to get the best reviews. See a few second hand ones alright.

With the new 300 series coming out next month I think it will be a better time to look at what the new RRP is on them, and I'd imagine the second hand market will swell. (Keeping eyes on a few second hand places in UK also)

Yeah for 290's only really interested in the Saphire Tri cooler or Vapor X, as they seem to get the best reviews. See a few second hand ones alright.

With the new 300 series coming out next month I think it will be a better time to look at what the new RRP is on them, and I'd imagine the second hand market will swell. (Keeping eyes on a few second hand places in UK also)

Yhh that's fair enough I was lucky getting the 770 that the one I got was a geforce in my opinion they were the best cooling and built cards from 770 range. I could be wrong tho ha.

Ohh yhh have a look on dabs mate that's where I got mine it had damaged box but was brand new with 12 months warranty.

• Advertisement

Jesus just see one I want for €240, with a years warranty left....****....card retails for €360 at present

Jesus just see one I want for €240, with a years warranty left....****....card retails for €360 at present

Where did u see that mate.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where did u see that mate.

On adverts like you suggested :)

On adverts like you suggested :)

Yhh that's the one I told u about mate it wouldn't be a bad deal :)

Advertisement