Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet wont connect to any router?

Options
  • 15-05-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi I encountered a problem as I was online, I suddenly timed out. I thought the internet was just down (This doesn't usually happen). I went to the router but it was working flawlessly for my phone and tablet!
    Now there is just a picture of a shadowed bar with an orange star. I've spent days now trying to fix this , but no luck. I've tried all the trouble shooting-under the sun.

I then tried connecting to another wi-fi hotspot/router but still the same result occurred.
    When I do "ipconfig" in cmd, I dont receive any "Proper 164.x etc. IP or a default gateway. (also I get the media disconnected notice)

If there is anyone that has any information or any clue to what my computer is at :) please give me it.

Thanks A Million In Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Did you check your wireless card in device manager? do you have the same problem if you connect by ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Windows? Go into device manager and delete wifi adapter, then reboot. Windows should re-install the adapter, unless it's borked.

Advertisement