Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 taney drive dundrum

Options
  • 15-05-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Thinking of viewing a house in Dundrum right beside the luas station. Concerned about how loud the luas is, I know I can usually here it pass the bridge when I'm over in rosemount, considering it's so much closer not sure how it affects quality of living. Initially I thought it's only a few luases but when I looked into it there is 540 passing luases daily over the bridge and they start at 530am.

There was a legal case taken by a couple in ranlagh that said they where hugly impacted by noise at luas elevated points.

The house itself needs a lot of work from intial photos, very small rooms and dated.

Obvious down fall is the sound if it's too much from luas, but also the through way to Dundrum is right beside the house and I assume it can be quite loud at night with passer bys!

Anybody live near? Or have any experiance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sugarmonkey

Viewed this yesterday luas seemed fine the issue is more developers reckon it goes for 600k mark. Property has gontten out of control again, i reckon there were over 100 people viewing yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Purplemonke

Viewed this yesterday luas seemed fine the issue is more developers reckon it goes for 600k mark. Property has gontten out of control again, i reckon there were over 100 people viewing yesterday

Yes there were a good few at the house viewing yesterday , but having been at a good few open viewings in the area seems to always be very busy, but a lot of the houses don't seem to be making there asking with the new CBI rules in place. House prices are going mad though again,

House had good potential, but needed to be my dream home would have to be gutted, if it goes higher then asking I think with the cost or refurb means there are defiantly better value property's in the area.

Similar 5 bed bungalow Dundrum North looking 480k but only has an offer of 465 in.

Not sure what a developer would do with the property being semi detached they would be limited to development potential if it sells too high cost of development added on a resale price would push it into major luxury house scale.

Listened to luas from the guarden didn't seem too bad as it went over the bridge it was quite loud but with the kids playing and people milling around it wasn't too bad not sure how Id feel when lying in bed hearing the same thing though especially from first thing in the morning.

Hopefully a nice family gets it, hate to see developers push the price up!

Overheard a couple of people discuss how they would build a lane to d back.of d garden and build a new house. Personally i will put n an offer late next wk but would be shocked if it goes for under 500 i think if developers know they can get planning permission it will go for a lot more, either way i reckon by friday the 445 will look small and i will only be a spectator. Good luck with ur search

Overheard a couple of people discuss how they would build a lane to d back.of d garden and build a new house. Personally i will put n an offer late next wk but would be shocked if it goes for under 500 i think if developers know they can get planning permission it will go for a lot more, either way i reckon by friday the 445 will look small and i will only be a spectator. Good luck with ur search

Never even thought of something like that, gods hope they don't get planning for something like that, terrible to loose the garden, every little corner being taken up by houses.

Best of luck, hopefully you get it and not a developer! If not good luck with your search.

well its at 455 as of today, i wont be bidding. pleasantly surprised it hasn't gone through the roof though. As you say there is better value in the area, and god knows it could be a complete money pit. one thing i did notice, it was 98sq metres last week, this week it is 115sq metres, thats quite the party trick!!

• Advertisement

well its at 455 as of today, i wont be bidding. pleasantly surprised it hasn't gone through the roof though. As you say there is better value in the area, and god knows it could be a complete money pit. one thing i did notice, it was 98sq metres last week, this week it is 115sq metres, thats quite the party trick!!

I'm not surprised :) had a family friend look into it for me who is a developer, and he said it wouldn't be worth a good developers time or effort, with new financing rules around development he would have to raise 50% purchase and build costs, also the risk of getting planning on the lane idea would remove any benifit of time because money's tied up 4-6 months. Also said the biggest no on planning the last year has been due to road frontage, vehicular access and the one they seem to love over development of site, so he said huge risk of a no on planning. He said to get it insulated and developed to a family home based on my lovely ideas said would put me back the guts of 150-200k I thought I was being very reasonable with my wish list!!

He said great great location for a renter but did point out permeantly living with vibrations and noise would put him and a large portion of future buyers, traffic issue outside house (lack of parking) and large foot fall day and night wouldn't really suit the family tranquil idea!

Also he also made me stand back and think (I'm very in the moment) said that just look into property register the prices where made last year prior to CBI rules but this year nearly ever property in the area has dropped there prices, said anyone who goes blind bidding now is mad and sure to get themself trapped like pre 2008 buyers; he said the fact a very unpredictable election is due end of year early next year is bound to send market spiralling down so think I'm going to wait it out and reep the rewards ;)

I'm not surprised :) had a family friend look into it for me who is a developer, and he said it wouldn't be worth a good developers time or effort, with new financing rules around development he would have to raise 50% purchase and build costs, also the risk of getting planning on the lane idea would remove any benifit of time because money's tied up 4-6 months. Also said the biggest no on planning the last year has been due to road frontage, vehicular access and the one they seem to love over development of site, so he said huge risk of a no on planning. He said to get it insulated and developed to a family home based on my lovely ideas said would put me back the guts of 150-200k I thought I was being very reasonable with my wish list!!

He said great great location for a renter but did point out permeantly living with vibrations and noise would put him and a large portion of future buyers, traffic issue outside house (lack of parking) and large foot fall day and night wouldn't really suit the family tranquil idea!

Also he also made me stand back and think (I'm very in the moment) said that just look into property register the prices where made last year prior to CBI rules but this year nearly ever property in the area has dropped there prices, said anyone who goes blind bidding now is mad and sure to get themself trapped like pre 2008 buyers; he said the fact a very unpredictable election is due end of year early next year is bound to send market spiralling down so think I'm going to wait it out and reep the rewards ;)

I am also seeing some amazing deals on far better houses in the area, one I had been following dropped a full 50k during the week. So I'm being very vigilant and trying not to get caught up in any frenzy properties where multi bidders are trying to seal what they thinks a deal. Maybe the more expensive properties are achievable at a lower amount! Making them the real catch! Might revisit end of the year for now sit back and plan a holiday :)

very insightful email, i am a bit like yourself, bit of a dreamer, its a real reality check when you hear potential renovation costs. i think i know the house you're talking about, i wont be viewing it myself but best of luck with it. similar to you, i think the waiting game could pay off. very much looking forward to the next few months and seeing the impact of the CBI rules come July.

very insightful email, i am a bit like yourself, bit of a dreamer, its a real reality check when you hear potential renovation costs. i think i know the house you're talking about, i wont be viewing it myself but best of luck with it. similar to you, i think the waiting game could pay off. very much looking forward to the next few months and seeing the impact of the CBI rules come July.

Well I'm just lucky someone was there to snap me out of my daydream lol, ah sure if we can't dream big, we wI'll never get anything worth while. Best of luck with everything hopefully you will find your forever home!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Trotters

Well it is a brilliant location, very handy for getting to anywhere and with all facilities right nearby
    But you coud probably do better for the same money, not too far away
    Stil it is a shame for people to view it as potentila for developing and not as a home when the market for houses is so scarce

• Advertisement

Trotters wrote: »
    Well it is a brilliant location, very handy for getting to anywhere and with all facilities right nearby
    But you coud probably do better for the same money, not too far away
    Stil it is a shame for people to view it as potentila for developing and not as a home when the market for houses is so scarce

Very true the area is brilliant, I have lived here all my life, and I find it brilliant, but the prices things are getting just baffles as i just can't comprehend how people justify the cost, the bungalow needs big work to create a nice family home that's in excess of half a million! I find that tough to swollow, you can't maintain any quality of life at that level unless on huge salary or coming with profit from a previous house. Defiantly better value homes around, but then that still baffles me there is a house in 5 goatstown avenue dropped 50k last week, looks good, developed etc, but when I looked into the history the house was bought for 330k in 2012, does is warrent a jump to 595k (or now reduced 545k) ? Or another two house around the corner one a three bed and one a four and there up 545 and 625 that just seems crazy, undeveloped properties, that need work to be in excess of half a million! House prices have gone made again, people so desperate to buy agreeing to asking prices and above, very few people even realise they can go in below the asking! Such a huge commitment of money over such a long time. I hope the bungalow gets a nice new owner at a reasonable price, to me 455 is too much, the sun room needs knocking, and I'm sure it's very cold at it's current rating!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

pleasantly surprised it hasn't gone through the roof though.
    The latest offer was at 530k with 10 people currently bidding...

wow, i thought maybe people were finally beginning to get some sense. i am looking at houses for a long time now and the amount of people turning up to viewings in the past month or so have dwindled down significantly. a crash is coming, not sure how big but its definitely coming.

We were following a few houses in the area, and the fierce bidding wars we observed are extremely depressing :(.. This terraced house for example was sold 2 weeks ago for 535k afaik with the initial asking price of 495k. http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/14-castle-view-dundrum-dublin-14/3171817

only seeing this now, that house looks tiny, crazy price. the cbl restrictions should be in full swing and applying to everybody by end of July and prices will come down then, the problem then becomes will people sell or wait until next year. these bidding wars are ridiculous, we have been priced out of 3 homes this year alone. its difficult to remain patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

I was also puzzled by that. We were following this house actively through the selling process and the last I heard from EA the bid was at 525k.
    Ritchi wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Could it have been split into 2 lots, with land or garden sold off separately?

Advertisement