Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Accounting 2015 - predictions, guesses, discussions, head-scratching ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Where do people learn theory? from marking schemes or book?

Marking schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 numbers13

tcofla wrote: »
    So for the schools who only do one type of question from section 3 what is it they do? Do they only go budgeting?

Budgeting. Most likely to be a cash budget comping up this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

Does anyone know where the buildings charge of depreciation in a published account comes out of, the buildings are revalued halfway through the year to 700k and depreciation is 2% but the charge comes out as 12300? This example is from the 2006 60 marker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

tcofla wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the buildings charge of depreciation in a published account comes out of, the buildings are revalued halfway through the year to 700k and depreciation is 2% but the charge comes out as 12300? This example is from the 2006 60 marker

I don't have the question now but I would presume that it's the depreciation charge for the first half of the year (before revaluation) and the second half (including revaluation) added together. There could be land that you forgot to take out either.

Blue giant wrote: »
    I don't have the question now but I would presume that it's the depreciation charge for the first half of the year (before revaluation) and the second half (including revaluation) added together. There could be land that you forgot to take out either.
    Not all Hero's wear cape's..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Lc1569

Is everyone doing what came up last year like a suspense service and a sole trader? Or is everyone leaving them out I've no time to learn them now..

Lc1569 wrote: »
    Is everyone doing what came up last year like a suspense service and a sole trader? Or is everyone leaving them out I've no time to learn them now..
    You shouldn't take the risk if you do 60 markers anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauraduke

what are the grind schools predicting out of curiosity ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MegLC

Anybody have a prediction for Q8? Would greatly appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

lauraduke wrote: »
    what are the grind schools predicting out of curiosity ??
    That they'll make lots of money? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sexualitea

what are the odds of a flexible budgeting coming up as Q9? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

sexualitea wrote: »
    what are the odds of a flexible budgeting coming up as Q9? :L

Would probably come up thrown into a Marginal Costing question. I think the SEC have stopped putting Flexible Budgets up as a full 80 marker :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chickenchild

I'm going to sound like an absolute idiot here but the only things I have covered for section 2 are Incomplete Records (A&B), Tabular, Cash Flow Statements, Club a/c's and Farm a/c's. I have physics on Monday too so don't have too much time to study, I need an A1 in accounting though. Will I be ok with just these topics or should I try to cram others?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

MegLC wrote: »
    Anybody have a prediction for Q8? Would greatly appreciate it! :)

Hoping for Job Costing, like the one from 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I'm going to sound like an absolute idiot here but the only things I have covered for section 2 are Incomplete Records (A&B), Tabular, Cash Flow Statements, Club a/c's and Farm a/c's. I have physics on Monday too so don't have too much time to study, I need an A1 in accounting though. Will I be ok with just these topics or should I try to cram others?

Assuming they dont throw a complete curve ball and repeat both Suspense and Published then you should be ok, though Id say learning one or both or revaluation or control accounts would be advisable for the 60m. Im hoping controls will come up anyway, the debtors type Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Incomplete and Tabular are predicted by a lot of people and I think they showed up on both mock papers. It'd probably be a lot safer to know Q5 too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

In theory, you should be fine. I have Physics as well with another two down the line!

I'm quite cautious in general about the leaving cert, and will be covering everything above as well as Published. Even though I know it's very unlikely, I'd hate the thought of me having to do the ratios or battle my way through unknown headings.

I'd just look over the Published notes and the layout, just to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MegLC

If you can do all of the costing chapter in the "taking Account" book, should you be covered for Q8?

I'll be distraught if Tabular doesn't come up. I first looked at them yesterday and they're my favourite question along with Cash Budgets. Such a nice question!

S1: Company & Manufacturing Final Accounts
    S2: Tabular, Incomplete, Cash Flow, Club, Interpretation
    S3: Job Costing, Cash Budgeting, Flexible Budgeting, Closing Stock Valuation

I'll be fine won't I?

• Advertisement

S1: Company & Manufacturing Final Accounts
    S2: Tabular, Incomplete, Cash Flow, Club, Interpretation
    S3: Job Costing, Cash Budgeting, Flexible Budgeting, Closing Stock Valuation

I'll be fine won't I?
    It's more than I'm covering so I'd say so, I take risks however. I'm covering Company (very well), Manufacturing (Half arsed), Tabular, Incomplete and Club (all well) and half arsing ratios just in case. For Section 3 I'm covering Cash and Flexible Budgeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Just managed to balance two separate company accounts within 55 minutes for each one. Never felt as happy in my life!!!

I've left out suspense as a 60 marker and a 100 marker but I've done everything else other than interpretation, they won't ask a 100 marker again this year will they🙈?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Luke Armstrong

Scirpt wrote: »
    It's more than I'm covering so I'd say so, I take risks however. I'm covering Company (very well), Manufacturing (Half arsed), Tabular, Incomplete and Club (all well) and half arsing ratios just in case. For Section 3 I'm covering Cash and Flexible Budgeting.

I like your style

I like your style
    It's worked so far for English and Geography! At the rate I'm going right now I might not even be able to cover everything listed above :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Luke Armstrong

Scirpt wrote: »
    It's worked so far for English and Geography! At the rate I'm going right now I might not even be able to cover everything listed above :rolleyes:

Same I'm doing 60's so I'm only doing Revaluation Farm Debtors Depreciation Club Incomplete Tabular Cash+Flexible budget
    As long as cash flow isn't a 100 mark I should be fine

Same I'm doing 60's so I'm only doing Revaluation Farm Debtors Depreciation Club Incomplete Tabular Cash+Flexible budget
    As long as cash flow isn't a 100 mark I should be fine
    Let's hope for a nice exam. If Company, Incomplete A, Tabular and Cash Budget come up I'll be on form for an A2/B1. If not I'll gladly take a C3. I have a lot of faith in the SEC being predictable right now...

Perfect exam for me is Company, Shareholder Interpretation, Club, Job Costing.

How come everyone seems to avoid Interpretation if it comes up every year?

Perfect exam for me is Company, Shareholder Interpretation, Club, Job Costing.

How come everyone seems to avoid Interpretation if it comes up every year?
    For some reason I can't remember ANY of the ratios/formulae, no matter how long I spend on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 johnh100

Can someone help me out how to get this dividend figure for cash flow 2012 Q7?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement