Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Accounting 2015 - predictions, guesses, discussions, head-scratching ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barry1000

Trading, profit and loss account a definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

johnh100 wrote: »
    Can someone help me out how to get this dividend figure for cash flow 2012 Q7?

800000x0.05=40000??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Luke Armstrong

Perfect exam for me is Company, Shareholder Interpretation, Club, Job Costing.

How come everyone seems to avoid Interpretation if it comes up every year?

Because there's so much writing involved and it's quite hard to get full marks in

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Anyone know what to do here? It's a company final account question one 2007 HL paper. http://gyazo.com/8e2909fe8f7735713bf14aab56676d35

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Scirpt wrote: »
    Anyone know what to do here? It's a company final account question one 2007 HL paper. http://gyazo.com/8e2909fe8f7735713bf14aab56676d35

Check how many months interim dividends is for. Then multiply pref. shares by the % and by (number of months interim dividends/12). This gives preference dividend paid. To find pref div due, take this from pref shares x %.

Take pref div paid from interim dividends, this gives ordinary dividends paid.

Multiply ordinary shares by 11% (it's in the adjustment.. 11p), then take the ordinary dividends paid from this to get ordinary dividends due.

• Advertisement

How do you get closing stock of finished goods and raw materials in part (d) of 2013 cash budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

What is everyone doing about ruled paper? I know they give you ruled paper but my teacher said its ruled for junior cert and is pretty much useless. In class we rule it ourselves but I need the time in the exam. Would I be allowed to rule some paper beforehand?

LauraKc wrote: »
    What is everyone doing about ruled paper? I know they give you ruled paper but my teacher said its ruled for junior cert and is pretty much useless. In class we rule it ourselves but I need the time in the exam. Would I be allowed to rule some paper beforehand?

Avoiding tabular if I can so I don't need to rule out anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

LauraKc wrote: »

We got the Accounting papers for the mocks and they were an absolute nuisance. It was just random lines that got in the way and you had to make new lines for each page on top of the already ruled ones. Didn't help with the tabs either, not enough lines IIRC.

I would advise asking for a normal handout, and just spend that one minute ruling things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seanb96cbc

Does anyone else put the bank on the top section of a tabular statement as a minus? I find it so much easier but am worried if the corrector doesnt realise what I've done I won't get the marks...

• Advertisement

For manufacturing accounts, where does profit in the disposal account go? I know loss goes in FO, but if it was a normal company it would be S&D. Does profit go somewhere else too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarah_97

Who ever is relying on the tab coming up for a section 2 q, don't be surprised if it actually comes up in section 1

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

For manufacturing accounts, where does profit in the disposal account go? I know loss goes in FO, but if it was a normal company it would be S&D. Does profit go somewhere else too?

You treat it the same way you treat the sale of scrap machinery.

theRB wrote: »
    You treat it the same way you treat the sale of scrap machinery.

Take it away at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Take it away at the end?

Yep.

Check how many months interim dividends is for. Then multiply pref. shares by the % and by (number of months interim dividends/12). This gives preference dividend paid. To find pref div due, take this from pref shares x %.

Take pref div paid from interim dividends, this gives ordinary dividends paid.

Multiply ordinary shares by 11% (it's in the adjustment.. 11p), then take the ordinary dividends paid from this to get ordinary dividends due.
    Hmmm I can't seem to get the answers they're getting with this method. Any chance you could show me the workings?

Hmmm I can't seem to get the answers they're getting with this method. Any chance you could show me the workings?

http://prntscr.com/7go386

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Seanb96cbc wrote: »
    Does anyone else put the bank on the top section of a tabular statement as a minus? I find it so much easier but am worried if the corrector doesnt realise what I've done I won't get the marks...

I do and so do all my class because we are taught that way. My teacher has triple checked it with everyone possible and it's totally acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seanb96cbc

I do and so do all my class because we are taught that way. My teacher has triple checked it with everyone possible and it's totally acceptable.

Perfect, cheers

• Advertisement

Anyone know how to find the Fixed Overheads depreciation in Cash Budgets? e.g. 2012 HL.

Edit - Never mind, I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Levvitu

Hey if anyone is looking for accounting theory (i know it's last minute but hey, better late than never) i've typed out the theory for each topic, PM me if you want a link! (it's missing some stuff from Q9, and i haven't done Q1 and Q5 but everything else is there)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jason_H

Hey guys, so I'm not going near ratios (never have, never will), but I'm not looking at cash flow, published or suspense for the 100 markers... Am I taking too much a risk, especially with cash flow? I'm doing Club, both incompletes, tabular and farm... And I could do Service if I have to...

Jason_H wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I'm not going near ratios (never have, never will), but I'm not looking at cash flow, published or suspense for the 100 markers... Am I taking too much a risk, especially with cash flow? I'm doing Club, both incompletes, tabular and farm... And I could do Service if I have to...

Some risks are worth taking

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

Any chance to they could mix up cash budgets with flexible or production in Q9?

Any chance to they could mix up cash budgets with flexible or production in Q9?

They do some years yeah

I'm trying to study Manufacturing but there's just too much in them. Think I'm going to have to just risk it and rely on Company coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I'm trying to study Manufacturing but there's just too much in them. Think I'm going to have to just risk it and rely on Company coming up.

Aren't they practically the same apart from the manufacturing account? What are you struggling with?

Blue giant wrote: »
    Aren't they practically the same apart from the manufacturing account? What are you struggling with?
    Trying to remember the manufacturing account, the different workings and where all of the manufacturing related workings go in the TPL and B/S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Jamies15

Anyone know what the return on risk free investments is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement