Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Accounting 2015 - predictions, guesses, discussions, head-scratching ...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaFinny

Am I save to just learn revaluation farm suspense debtors control club tabular incomplete cash budget and job costing or should I do cash flow and ratios as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

EmmaFinny wrote: »
    Am I save to just learn revaluation farm suspense debtors control club tabular incomplete cash budget and job costing or should I do cash flow and ratios as well??

Don't bank on my advice or anything but you could probably drop suspense for cash flow or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lala0815

So can you draw up the tabular statements beforehand or not ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 12hello345

does anyone have the deb mock q8 please??!

and the incomplete and tabular question too from deb mock this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Do you think I'd be fine with knowing manufacturing and company, interpretation, club accounts, incomplete, cash flow and every q9 that has ever came up?! Praying tabular doesn't come up as a 100 marker as we never really did it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Everyone learning cash flow is worrying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Jamies15 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the return on risk free investments is?

3-4%

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

hoping i'll be okay knowing manufacturing,company,club a/c,incompete,tabulr,cash budgeting & flexible...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnh100

I am hoping for the Debtors Control Account and Farm Account for the 2 60 markers. Hoping Incomplete B comes in section 2. Probably will do ratios as hate Tabular and in section 3 I hope I see a cash budget. Then that's me! Summer holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

Do you include land in revaluation of reserve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Seanb96cbc wrote: »
    Does anyone else put the bank on the top section of a tabular statement as a minus? I find it so much easier but am worried if the corrector doesnt realise what I've done I won't get the marks...

It's fine to do this. You get marks either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EmilyJane2812

Will I be okay if I know:
    debtors control
    Revaluation
    Farm accounts
    Incomplete
    Tabs
    Cash flow
    Cash Budgeting
    Job/Product costing
    Mixed question 8
    Is there anything I should cram in the morning? I was planning on learning a lot of theory tomorrow.
    Any theory predictions?
    Any chance to they could mix up cash budgets with flexible or production in Q9?

In 2013 they mixed cash budgeting and production budget. We were advised to stay clear of a question like that.

The paper is predictable this year and so I think they'll go to town on us in the third question making the questions very difficult to attempt or very time consuming. There will probably be a lot p theory too.
    We were warned to prepare for the worst in the third section

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donmcg

If incomplete it to come up which one do people think it will be? I'm hoping for the balance sheet method, the one which came up in the DEB pre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gandhai

Hey guys will I b okay if I cover ratios, club, incomplete a+b and tabular for section b. The thought of doing cash flow is appalling to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

Jamies15 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the return on risk free investments is?

I don't know if this has already been answered, but my teacher says its 2-3% at the moment!

Anyone know how to get this 1000 interest due on 2009 HL Q7 Incomplete Records B? http://gyazo.com/fa0546ab6801e611bcc81d9d76e48766

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seanb96cbc

Scirpt wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get this 1000 interest due on 2009 HL Q7 Incomplete Records B?

The loan is 120000€ at 6% per annum. But you only got the loan on 1/8/08 so therefore you can only he charged interest for 5 months. 120000x6%x5/12=3000. However you paid 2000 during the year. So there's 1000 due at the end which is recorded as a current liability. The 750 is from the 25% that goes into drawings. Hope that explains it ok

Seanb96cbc wrote: »
    The loan is 120000€ at 6% per annum. But you only got the loan on 1/8/08 so therefore you can only he charged interest for 5 months. 120000x6%x5/12=3000. However you paid 2000 during the year. So there's 1000 due at the end which is recorded as a current liability. The 750 is from the 25% that goes into drawings. Hope that explains it ok
    Yeah that explains it perfectly, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

What kind of theory is there to do on incomplete? I've only done cash budgeting job costing and flexible budgeting is that enough for section 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

tcofla wrote: »
    What kind of theory is there to do on incomplete? I've only done cash budgeting job costing and flexible budgeting is that enough for section 3?

'explain accounting concept'
    'name 2 fundamental accounting concepts'
    'explain an accounting concept applying to the accounts of ___'
    'what additional info would be advisable if accounts were prepared using the double entry system?'
    'explain the difference btween capital and revenue expenditure'
    'what advice would you give to the bookkeeper?'

from past papers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Q8 what do ye reckon comes up?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement