Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid 300 euro instead of 30 euro into my account!

Options
  • 16-05-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

So i am gutted as this is my money for the week, i rang eircom they said to ring the bank and see if i could be refunded by them as the payment was not processed and there was nothing they could do,

So rang the bank and they said as i had paid by card i should be able to receive a refund, stop payment etc, and was told eircom were giving me the wrong information.

I then rang eircom back and they said that all the could do was wait for the money to go into my account, which could take 2-3 working days, then they could issue me the refund which could take up to 30 days,

Is this the normal procedure and is the bank telling me lies?

I really need to follow up on this as i have no money now until next saturday!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you continue to get no satisfaction from either your Bank or Eircom it might be worth ringing the Banking and Payments Federation - they should be able to tell you your rights in a case like this. (01) 671 53 11

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Bank should be able to do a SEPA payment reversal for you within a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

upinthesky wrote: »
    So i am gutted as this is my money for the week, i rang eircom they said to ring the bank and see if i could be refunded by them as the payment was not processed and there was nothing they could do,

So rang the bank and they said as i had paid by card i should be able to receive a refund, stop payment etc, and was told eircom were giving me the wrong information.

I then rang eircom back and they said that all the could do was wait for the money to go into my account, which could take 2-3 working days, then they could issue me the refund which could take up to 30 days,

Is this the normal procedure and is the bank telling me lies?

I really need to follow up on this as i have no money now until next saturday!
    Hi upinthesky

The refund of an overpayment can take up to 30 days if requested through eircom however you may wish to take the advice from Sour lemonz and dub45 if it is important for you to retrieve the funds sooner.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Done the exact same think a few years ago. Rang eircom accounts and they sent me back a cheque but it took a week at least for the cheque to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Glebee wrote: »
    Done the exact same think a few years ago. Rang eircom accounts and they sent me back a cheque but it took a week at least for the cheque to arrive.
    Sorry to hear of this Glebee - the refunds process now has a 30 day timeframe but equally the application for a SEPA payment reversal can also be made now.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement