Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of Cowboy Phone Repair Men

Options
  • 16-05-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Normally, I won't post threads like this, but I got a neighbour's phone to repair recently, and I thought I needed to send a warning.

The phone is an Xperia Z1 with a broken screen. I was ready to get the heat gun at it to open the cover, but I found the cover was falling off. Inside, the torx screws were all missing, and the screen was coming away when I pulled at it a little with my fingernail.

I asked the owner who had tried to repair it, and he told me that a man in a "BLUE REPAIR SHOP IN KILKENNY," as he put it, had fixed the screen, but the phone was dropped, and the screen needed be fixed again.

Whoever this repair man is in Kilkenny, and wherever his shop is, he did a bad job of replacing this screen. The screen and cover had not been re-sealed properly, and he didn't bother replacing a single screw beneath the back cover, and who knows what other screws were left out inside. Just beware of dodgy repair men. That's all.

Advertisement