Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Construction - June 12th***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 not.a.robot97

Hi guys just wondering what yous think will be coming up on this years paper, particularly the Q1 drawing. I'm guessing water supply or heating will also be up considering the water charges.

Let me know thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

Hi guys just wondering what yous think will be coming up on this years paper, particularly the Q1 drawing. I'm guessing water supply or heating will also be up considering the water charges.

Let me know thanks!

MHRV and wheelchair access ability always come up. That's about all we've actually covered too.

Most likely not an eaves detail as it came up last year, ive looked at the recent Q1's and am guessing its gonna be an:
    Opening (window, wall, foundation)
    Stairs (top or bottom)
    or Hearth

Also a useful link : www. constructionstudiesq1.weebly.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Quarks

I could see a fireplace coming up. Pray to god it doesn't.

• Advertisement

Most likely not an eaves detail as it came up last year, ive looked at the recent Q1's and am guessing its gonna be an:
    Opening (window, wall, foundation)
    Stairs (top or bottom)
    or Hearth

Stairs was up in 2013 I doubt itll be again. Suspended timber floor like in the mocks hasn't been up in ages.

Really struggling to get my stairs detail to line up, praying it doesn't come up

I know absolutely nothing for this exam our teacher hasn't done half the course. Lucky its mostly common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dkey

Kermin wrote: »
    I know absolutely nothing for this exam our teacher hasn't done half the course. Lucky its mostly common sense

Yeah, same here... Our teacher always talked to girls instead of doing normal classes...
    I hope that we won't get a question like in 2012 where you had to manipulate with the drawing in Q1. I would be delighted with stairs as it is quite simple rest of the questions is hard ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

Highly doubt window will come up. It was the question 7 last year and it focused 100% on windows. Personally I can see it being either a chimney , door or suspended timber floor drawing however i could be 100% wrong

• Advertisement

What questions are people planning on answering ?
    I'm hoping to do Q1, heating, U-value, Q10 (a) and maybe the Q7 if it looks nice enough lol

Dkey wrote: »
    Yeah, same here... Our teacher always talked to girls instead of doing normal classes...
    I hope that we won't get a question like in 2012 where you had to manipulate with the drawing in Q1. I would be delighted with stairs as it is quite simple rest of the questions is hard ;/

Man that sounds just like our teacher :p
    We were talking about vibrating rods in fifth year someone found it funny, he picked up on it referred to the fact " we wouldn't want to see his rod" gleeming smile on his face

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evertinian

i think ther is a good chance on door threshold coming up this year

evertinian wrote: »
    i think ther is a good chance on door threshold coming up this year

What's that? For a wheelchair?

nah im not sure about that stuff i was taking about the question 1 drawings

i hope somthing about personal safety comes up this year, its easy enuf

would love a bitta wheel chair accessibility, a nice easy Q1 for once, a nice Q10, if stairs cam up for Q7 i may consider and maybe a nice renovation question

Wait so looking through the exam papers we always get a; planning of house(q6) passive house (10a), question 2 is usually common sense, on top of the obvious uValue and Drawing questions. Looks like I'll be revising passive house and planning. But no clue for the q1 hope it has a foundation in it get some marks
    anyway

the drawings seem to have gotten way harder in recent years. Like i you look back at 2005,4,3 the drawings are lovely basic foundation etc but now they comine like 3 drawings together. I think they forget we only can afford 35m per question :(

the drawings seem to have gotten way harder in recent years. Like i you look back at 2005,4,3 the drawings are lovely basic foundation etc but now they comine like 3 drawings together. I think they forget we only can afford 35m per question :(

ya thats true thats why i had more of a look at the other drawings

What's that? For a wheelchair?

yeah the usual door threshold has a wheelchair ramp in it

• Advertisement

cant learn the drawings at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Does anyone know where I can learn U-values? Our teacher didn't cover it but it looks like a handy enough question.

KA97 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can learn U-values? Our teacher didn't cover it but it looks like a handy enough question.

Have you got 'Get Constructive' they do it well

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Have you got 'Get Constructive' they do it well

Only have my notes and we didn't cover it :/ any websites on it do you know ? :)

KA97 wrote: »
    Only have my notes and we didn't cover it :/ any websites on it do you know ? :)

No sorry lad. Only use my book.

wish we could eliminate some drawings that are not going to come up in Q1

wish we could eliminate some drawings that are not going to come up in Q1

So no one has any idea for the drawing ? great we're all done for :(

i got 60% in my mock and that was the 2nd highest in a class of 25 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sponge151

anyone have a good site of all the drawings ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sponge151

how many drawings is there to pick from for question 1 ?

Advertisement