Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Construction - June 12th***

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

sponge151 wrote: »
    how many drawings is there to pick from for question 1 ?

What do you mean they tell you what to draw but it can be a combination of drawings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sponge151

yes i know how many drawings have you learned like stairs fireplace etc ?

yes i know how many drawings have you learned like stairs fireplace etc ?

None :D but I have a pretty good memory of what foundations with a fire place and suspended timber floor and a stairs look like. Other than that no idea

i really hope the roof our the stair our foundation comes up if any them come up i am sorted ! had a **** teacher all year so we didnt learn alot of the theory so im hopeing it will be a nice paper !

i really hope the roof our the stair our foundation comes up if any them come up i am sorted ! had a **** teacher all year so we didnt learn alot of the theory so im hopeing it will be a nice paper !

You think you didn't learn a lot of theory. We did 4 drawings, u value, passive house and a bit on wheelchairs in 2 years. And why stairs they're way to detailed

• Advertisement

yeah we didnt even do u values we did stairs roof and water sytem and thats it i like the stairs i find them easy to draw. most of the questions are coomon sense though arent they like question 10 you can normally bul**** on about something for a page and get marks if a healthy and saftey question comes up it will be so handy

yeah we didnt even do u values we did stairs roof and water sytem and thats it i like the stairs i find them easy to draw. most of the questions are coomon sense though arent they like question 10 you can normally bul**** on about something for a page and get marks if a healthy and saftey question comes up it will be so handy

Its common sense to a point but certain things can't be bull...... and all the details in drawings is a pain. Just hate the damn subject. At least I'm a have half the marks got already anyway

that is true some of it cant. i know and they take some paitence to draw. excatly hopeing to be sitting on a good few percent with the project and pratical it is a horrible subject but after tomorow im free no more exams !!

that is true some of it cant. i know and they take some paitence to draw. excatly hopeing to be sitting on a good few percent with the project and pratical it is a horrible subject but after tomorow im free no more exams !!

Same man but this going to be 3 bad hours. Also never finished my day piece

might be 3 bad hours but hopefully it wil be 3 fast hours haha !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

We can rule out eaves detail since it came up last year. I'm thinking electricity will appear since its been 3 years since its appeared last and I'm hoping sound comes up too

Realistically how many drawings can they actual ask I know there's like 30 but it seems like they cycle the same 5 or double one up to throw you off

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Wtf is a stairs drawing?! I'm banking on Fireplace / wall,window,roof /Door Threshold for Q1
    Q2 Wheelchair Accessibilty or Saftey
    Q3 A renovation question
    Q5 U-value
    Q6 Planning - low envrio impact
    Q10a MHRV
    Q4,8 or 9 will be either sound, sewage/waste management - due to septic tank charge yoke/ Heating water system - Water taxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mitchell15

Ah lads, it's a nice subject! Just do question 6 and 10 (a), they overlap in places, u-value and if you have to learn the 20 drawings may as well do the 2. If not, pray for safety.
    I'd put my money on stairs, door and some foundation. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the split foundation.
    Q1 generally seems to be foundations, wall and eaves. You just need to know the difference between passive house and timber framed houses.
    Q7 can be really anything, stove, stairs, roof and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

does anyone know a website where I can learn U-Values?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LordKingJimmy

KA97 wrote: »
    does anyone know a website where I can learn U-Values?

I'll PM you some stuff. Hang on

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

Just a quick question. How do ye all answer your questions ? In essay type form or bullet point form ?

Just a quick question. How do ye all answer your questions ? In essay type form or bullet point form ?

Bullets points...

Bullets points...

How many bullet points considering its for 60 marks

Kermin wrote: »
    How many bullet points considering its for 60 marks

Not too sure... 5 - 8 plus sketches under each heading i'd say... depends on the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanie6601

Any one know what page mechanical heat recovery system is on ? In the book called construction studies today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dkey

If we get something like in 2014 or 2013 where in Q1 there was a combination of 2 drawings I am f*cked... I know how to draw something when I know how it is called but dont really understand format of a question and measurements in it, it tells me nothing ;x

If we get threshold like on mock I would be so happy it was so easy :D
    Stairs won't come up in Q1 that's for sure they were there in 2013, and they also never repeat same type of drawing so I think that roof also is not going to be there ;P

Anyway good luck to everyone and wish u all at least 40% :D

Seanie6601 wrote: »
    Any one know what page mechanical heat recovery system is on ? In the book called construction studies today.

Should be under passive housing or energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Do we do all sketches on the non-lined paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evertinian

what did i teel ya door lintel appered :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

How did everyone find it ? I was over the moon when i saw the door for Q1. Alot of people in my year were not happy with it though, however it was my best and favourite drawing. I thought the U-Values question was very time consuming however i found it a nice question and id say parts a and b counted for 50 of the 60 marks. I answered Q! , Q3 , Q5, Q6 and question 10. Overall i found it a nice paper hoever i was very short of time although i wrote 18 pages in total ( my hand was broke ) i cut my last question ( Question 3 ) a bit short as i had to allow myself time to re-read my other questions and drawing. What ye all think ?

Advertisement