Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gymnastics clubs?

Options
  • 16-05-2015 6:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi, just as title says.

Any clubs in the galway city vicinity?

Based in Sligo currently, but there's nothing much here.
    Hoping Galway will have more to offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Hi, just as title says.

Any clubs in the galway city vicinity?

Based in Sligo currently, but there's nothing much here.
    Hoping Galway will have more to offer.

There is a large club in Galway city called Renmore gymnastics - their training centre is near Galway racecourse in ballybrit. They teach toddlers to adults in competitive and recreational gymnastics. They have a website but I can't do a link. My children have used their facilities and it seems top class (although I am no expert!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Cheers, I checked that out and it looks great.

Only thing is, it's quite far from where I'm located.

ttt for any other club locations.
    I think I read somewhere there was a club in knocknacara?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are you saying you're willing to travel from Sligo to Galway for gymnastics or are you living in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Cheers, I checked that out and it looks great.

Only thing is, it's quite far from where I'm located.

ttt for any other club locations.

The Clybaun hotel have gymnastics lessons in their gym. I think there are also classes in st endas school (don't know name of club). However, equipment is no where near on a par with Renmore club, which is why most people travel from all across town to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably www.gymnasticsireland.com/local-clubs/specific/147/galway-west-gymnastics-club

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

The Clybaun hotel have gymnastics lessons in their gym. I think there are also classes in st endas school (don't know name of club). However, equipment is no where near on a par with Renmore club, which is why most people travel from all across town to it.

Cheers yeah I saw their website, looks top notch, but really all I need is basic equipment and someone to show me the fundamentals.

Cycling all the way to Renmore after a day at college is not hugely appealing.

Advertisement