Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Penultimate Saturday Night Show: 16 May 2015 9:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Meangadh wrote: »
    I think the London Olympics did so much for the paralympics, certainly here and in the UK anyway. And programmes like the Last Leg really helped as well. Just put the paralympics on more of a similar level with the olympics in the public eye.

Whoever thought of The Last Leg deserves serious credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd love to get in to rifle shooting, any ideas how? I take it you just don't go to your local Garda station and say you would like a gun licence to shoot targets.

You start off with these and work your way up.....

130356942-260x260-0-0_novelty+manufacturing+dart+gun+toy+5+inch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Army man seems like a sound chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Adam Hills is excellent, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

efb wrote: »
    I missed the Derek tribute :(

Try RTE1 +1 now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

AFter hearing Ray D'Arcy's show last week I have removed those particular pistols from my gun cabinet.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My best wishes go to all the lads/ladies!!

I admire them wholeheartedly!!.....

Go on ye lads in green!!... :)

Adam Hills is brilliant as well, I saw him first years ago at the Cat Laughs and have been a huge fan since. Sound out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The only thing that bothers me about 'The Last Leg'...

*record scratches*

is Josh Widdicombe's loud, goofy laugh.

He's at a 10, we need him at about a 4.

So your mammy watched Cowboys and Indian pictures too Harry??.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bernooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Three times more money goes back to your locality, if you play all of YOUR Leinster Championship games in Croke Park.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What on earth can Rhona say about deaths in maternity services? It could come across as defending the indefensible!

Now we go to the second break.

It just felt like the period of time between the breaks was longer than usual. :o

Woohoo championship time's almost here... that means it's nearly summer! Yeay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's it, I'm learning Heavy Duty Rock N Roll!

All together now "my old man's a dustman..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I remember when Cerrie Burnell started presenting for CBeebies, the BBC received numerous complaints from parents who were concerned about their children seeing a person with only one arm. I was a bit horrified that people would complain about this but I must admit that a tiny part of me did wonder how my then four year old would respond.

I remember the day she first spotted Cerrie and she said - 'Mom, isn't she so pretty'. Children are generally far better at accepting difference than us grown ups are.

_45508210_-9.jpg

Three times more money goes back to your locality, if you play all of YOUR Leinster Championship games in Croke Park.. :D

Don't blame us. Blame the other 11 counties in Leinster. They are the ones who keep on voting for having all the Dublin Leinster games in Croke Park. It ain't some big Dubs/GAA conspiracy to keep the culchies in their place.

monkey9 wrote: »
    All together now "my old man's a dustman..."

He wears a dustman's hat, he wears cor blimey trousers, and he lives in a council flat. :o:D:);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There is hair on her chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The same people are still working in each hospital, the same people are still working in the hospitals where birth procedures have resulted in severe injuries for children born as a result. No accountability.

Bit unfair to have that statement that Portlaoise are the guilty ones not us... They are all part of the same organisation and Portlaoise does a lot more than just maternity...

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I recall Skid having a very bad experience with McSavage when he was street performing at the Edinburgh Fringe :D

Ah yes, I remember it well:)

And good evening to you, Rhona :)

terry-thomas.jpg

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I remember when Cerrie Burnell started presenting for CBeebies, the BBC received numerous complaints from parents who were concerned about their children seeing a person with only one arm. I was bit horrified that people would complain about this but I must admit that a tiny part of me did wondered how my then four year old would respond.

I remember the day she first spotted Cerrie and she said - 'Mom, isn't she so pretty'. Children are generally far better at accepting difference us grown ups are.

I agree MrsD.......lf we don't make a big deal of it and it accept it, it is accepted by our young children.

The last time this lady was on telly (may have been the llls) she was begging for funds for machines if I remember correctly?....

M

Not equipt? wtf, it's a place where people live or die not a branch of Fastfit.

There is hair on her chin.
    Wow!

I hate to be the one to break this to you but we all have tiny hairs on our bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

This woman is the spit of George Hook's friend Dr Ciara Kelly.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/532278318113230850/bW8IU2ex_400x400.jpeg

• Advertisement

It's horrific but an unfortunate thing that sometimes infant deaths at birth happen. But so long as everything was done right, then there's no one to blame. It's just tragic.

But putting a dead baby in a tin box??? Jesus Christ, I don't care how $hit a nurse/doctor you are, surely the human in you tells you that that is an extremely f**ked up and heartless thing to do? That's not just tragic, that's completely indefensible.

M

Yes but they are not paying them €236k a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

What the heck is wrong with her teeth? They're wonderful!!!! I don't get it.....????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Dont think she should be using the american model as a example of healthcare.

I'm sure she was telling us the last time we needed so more money for machines as they couldn't work with what they had??...

Anyone with a better memory than me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah yes, I remember it well:)

Go on!?

• Advertisement

Holles St is the National Maternity Hospital. It is hands down, the most famous, the most successful at treating high risk babies, the best staffed and the best funded maternity hospital in the country. I don't see the point of having someone on from Holles St, when what goes on there, is light years removed from what goes on at the smaller, less well resourced hospitals in smaller regional towns.

They need to have someone on from Portlaoise itself, to talk about what is happening in Portlaoise, and not someone from a totally different hospital up in Dublin, who probably never even sets foot in Portlaoise on a regular basis.

What about same sex couples Rhona...

M

But what if it's 2 dads or 2 mams, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

She has a point. We can afford more doctors and fewer politicians. Look at the uk. 650 MPs. Ditch the blood sucking politicos

I'm not really enjoying this interview. :o:o

All of the others tonight were better - even the one with McSavage. :o:o

• Advertisement

Dads And Duaghters, wasn't that an Australian daytime soap? :pac:

I get what she is saying about being connected to people you meet in maternity units. My daughter was in neonatal for a totally non serious reason when she was a few days old. There was a methadone baby there. I often think of that child and how she us doing now.
    Really life deals you your hand thst may determine your path through life.

I don't give a crap what her teeth or body hair is like so long as she does a good job. I'm sure the couples under her care would agree.

... although I would say that I don't see anything at all wrong with her, I think she looks great.

Ooooh ickle teeny baby <3

"Dads and daughters, love and laughter, tears and sadness and happiness..." :o:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

She stepped very close to the line there- she is a friend of iona

Oh my God, that tiny baby..............................

Wow, she is just a bonny baby now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sons and Daughters...pure crap, of course

:eek: :(

Meangadh wrote: »
    It's horrific but an unfortunate thing that sometimes infant deaths at birth happen. But so long as everything was done right, then there's no one to blame. It's just tragic.

But putting a dead baby in a tin box??? Jesus Christ, I don't care how $hit a nurse/doctor you are, surely the human in you tells you that that is an extremely f**ked up and heartless thing to do? That's not just tragic, that's completely indefensible.
    I remember thanking the midwife that took care of me during labour. She was incredibly kind and when I did, she said to me that she'd met women in their 70/80's who still remembered nurses or doctors who had been cruel or insensitive to them when they were in labour. It's a very vulnerable time for women and your experiences from that time do tend to stay with you for a lifetime.

coolhull wrote: »
    Sons and Daughters...pure crap, of course

It launched the careers of several Neighbours stars, though. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement