Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Penultimate Saturday Night Show: 16 May 2015 9:45pm

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Grand. And make sure to tell us about the McSavage incident. :-D

Beer was good. Beer very good.

And now, on to Mr Mcsavage and myself ...

Skid X wrote: »
    The last time Mr McSavage was a guest on this show I posted about an altercation I had with him in the past.

The posts mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards. He's a great man to hurl abuse at others, not so keen on taking criticism himself :rolleyes:

Skid X wrote: »
    It was during the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. He was standing at a corner hurling abuse at passers by, like he used to do in Temple Bar.

He roared something at me, I told him it's bad enough having to endure his gibberish in Dublin and that the good people of Edinburgh didn't deserve his ludicrous inane 'performances'

We had a heated debate for a few minutes, during which neither side changed their opinion. Eventually I left him and went into the Three Sisters Pub for a much needed Pint.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89255692

and for some background to why McSavage might have got my posts deleted

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207010
    Dudess wrote: »
    Why is Boards.ie like the Ministry of Truth when it comes to David McSavage-bashing threads? The way they're just vaporised, and thus never existed...?

Seriously, if you're just going to delete threads without a word, maybe you should put up a sticky explaining the website's position on this topic to its members/contributors?

I'm not itching to attack the guy or anything - my only view on him is if he's going to dish it out, he should be prepared to take it, but the way these threads are being dealt with in such a secretive manner doesn't look too great imo...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207010

But hey, that's all in the past.

Hope to see you all for the Ultimate SNS thread in a fortnight.

Super OP tonight, GHG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So he's a bit of a spanner in real life?

Aw, that's a shame, I thought he might be sound and it's all a big act.

Did he really just shout abuse in the street? In a sort of a "please look at me" way? So, not really clever at all.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So he's a bit of a spanner in real life?

Aw, that's a shame, I thought he might be sound and it's all a big act.

Did he really just shout abuse in the street? In a sort of a "please look at me" way? So, not really clever at all.

When he does his 'performance' piece in public places, he isn't a likeable person.

And someone who makes a living out of satire should be able to live with honest reportage of real life incidents being discussed on message boards.

Apart from that, he might be a lovely person in real life for all I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

155033_470463417886_2093178_n.jpg?oh=11c1d105dbacb5af6cc7422d899e1fae&oe=55D3D815

My fave Stevie G pic, durrty scaly! :P

tampopo wrote: »
    Try RTE1 +1 now!

raging i missed this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I know nothing about Mr Gerrard but I overheard a few lads in my office arguing over him, apparently most of them think he was extremely overrated lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Twink, Linda Martin, Crystal Swing and Johnny Logan, there needs to be atleast 2 of these to have the final show a success. It has run from January 2010 to now, lots of highs and lows on the show and in my life, I shall make the ending with a few fancy drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Twink, Linda Martin, Crystal Swing and Johnny Logan, there needs to be atleast 2 of these to have the final show a success. It has run from January 2010 to now, lots of highs and lows on the show and in my life, I shall make the ending with a few fancy drinks.
    Maybe Linda will perform for us again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Maybe Linda will perform for us again:D

All I do each night is pray :D

I know nothing about Mr Gerrard but I overheard a few lads in my office arguing over him, apparently most of them think he was extremely overrated lol

I don't know why Stevie G is being discussed on this learned thread, but ...

The boy done good.

He won the European Cup for Liverpool single handedly against AC Milan. And that was with Djimi Traoré in the team. I was a useless heifer of a footballer, and I was still much better than Djimi Traoré

Don’t blame it on Biscan,
    don’t blame it on Finann,
    don’t blame it on Hamann,
    blame it on Traore.

He just can’t, he just can’t, he just can’t control his feet

• Advertisement

not liverpool fans then!

Is it true that Stevie G punched the DJ cos he wouldn't play his fave tune- Born Slippy??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

WTF? How was McSavage on again? That must be the 2nd or 3rd time he's been on this week alone. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

walshb wrote: »
    WTF? How was McSavage on again? That must be the 2nd or 3rd time he's been on this week alone. Ridiculous.

His last appearance was on 14 February:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94287462

And before that, he appeared on the episodes of 16 March 2013 and 1 March 2014.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83684345
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89255161

He was also due to appear on the episode of 4 February 2012, but was dropped because he "just wasn't up to scratch". Hmmm...

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/risky-comic-mcsavages-routine-dropped-from-saturday-night-27999991.html

I wonder if he was booked this week on the basis that he is one of Brendan's favourite SNS guests, if not his favourite of all?

(And again, Brendan has every right to make this consideration, even if many other people wouldn't consider McSavage their favourite SNS guest.)

efb wrote: »
    United Arsenal tomorrow would love a win

They drew, alas. :o:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

I only watched this show on RTE Player to see the McSavage interview and I was cringing for O'Connor.
    I'm really surprised it took RTE so long to dump him.
    You're better than this Brendan.

Ehh no he's not.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    I only watched this show on RTE Player to see the McSavage interview and I was cringing for O'Connor.
    I'm really surprised it took RTE so long to dump him.
    You're better than this Brendan.

Ehh no he's not.

Without any disrespect intended, El Diablo... do you genuinely believe that Ray and his show are going to be better? :o:o:o:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I can't think of anyone in RTE who would be able to interview McSavage better than Brendan.

We are Brendan fans here - no dissing the dude.

Without any disrespect intended, El Diablo... do you genuinely believe that Ray and his show are going to be better? :o:o:o:o

No, I definitely don't think D'arcy will be any better. I've heard him do some woeful interviews on radio.

The Daniel O'Donnell comment from McSavage was funny. :p

• Advertisement

We are Brendan fans here - no dissing the dude.
    This is The Saturday Night Show thread. Maybe you need to open a separate
    Brendan O'Connor Appreciation thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

el diablo wrote: »
    This is The Saturday Night Show thread. Maybe you need to open a separate
    Brendan O'Connor Appreciation thread. ;)

Without Brendan, there is no Saturday Night Show....not one worth watching, anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

coolhull wrote: »
    Without Brendan, there is no Saturday Night Show....not one worth watching, anyway

Ah no, I think D'Arcy will do a very good job....

hiding-under-table.jpg

:D:D:D

Ah no, I think D'Arcy will do a very good job....

hiding-under-table.jpg

:D:D:D

Down with this sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

coolhull wrote: »

Here here!!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Down with this sort of thing!

ORDER, ORDER- Mr Speaker, will you tell the right honourable gentleman to leave the chamber please:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement