Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh No. Here we go!

Options
  • 16-05-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 195 pounds (i.e. 13 stone 13, terrible I know)

History
    I've been both highly fit and so low that climbing the stairs would tire me over the years. Lowest weight has been 12 stone when I was 15/16 (I was dieting and exercising from 13, as I was just hitting 13 stone then). I had a lot of muscle mass (exercising six to seven hours a week back then) but now I'd say I've little, ha.

Aims
    • able to run 10k without sweating bullets near the end (so probably able to go 20k then)
    • be doing four hours exercise a week by the end of summer
    • reach a BMI of 29.9 in June (currently 30.7 - eh oh)
    • have lost 40 pounds by October
    • complete the 30 Day Shred and the 30 Day Ab Challenge!

Currently
    • doing dancing twenty minutes most days (when I can fit it in)
    • cycling the odd time
    • running the even odder time (using the C25K app - still on week one as my stamina is terrible)

Today I did twenty or thirty minutes of dancing, but I got pretty tired of it midway so I can't say it was much good (out of breath but didn't break a sweat)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

The rain interrupted my plan today. I didn't make it to the park. Had to get the bus home as it was pouring.

Still, I tracked my walk on an app and ended up burning enough calories on the way to the park to bring my net back down below my goal of 1610 (I've 23 to spare - time to paaartay!).

Ran again yesterday. Still doing week one, day one of C25K but I paused it before the last walk and did an extra minute run to push myself.

Lost two pounds this week. Only delighted with myself!

I fit in half an hour of dancing today. Now to enjoy the rest of my Sunday in peace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Well done on the weightloss missymoo!

Keep pushing on to get through the C25k and you'll be delighted every weekend, it'll be well worth the hard work :)

libelula wrote: »
    Well done on the weightloss missymoo!

Keep pushing on to get through the C25k and you'll be delighted every weekend, it'll be well worth the hard work :)

Thank you! I'm still on day one though, ha! I'll have to start pushing myself soon but it's some effort. :p

• Advertisement

After college caught up with me the past few weeks, I went back to C25K again yesterday. Did day one of week one (again!) and about half an hour of dancing (just a guess, could have been more or less!). Bring on the pain tomorrow!

Decided to give this another go. I've been exercising sporadically the past few months, but not enough.

Did half an hour of some dancercise video I found online today. Also did a bit of pilates, but my back started to hurt instead of my muscles so I stopped as I must not have been doing it right.

My Previous Aims
    • able to run 10k without sweating bullets near the end (so probably able to go 20k then) - can't run for ten minutes, never mind 10k
    • be doing four hours exercise a week by the end of summer - didn't happen
    • reach a BMI of 29.9 in June - lol
    • have lost 40 pounds by October - I'm three pounds lighter than what I was in May - great progress :o
    • complete the 30 Day Shred and the 30 Day Ab Challenge! - hahahahaha

Current weight: 193 pounds

New Aims!
    • to weigh 180 by Christmas (I'm already laughing)
    • to weigh 175 by the end of January (got a lot of birthdays around then so want to look good)
    • to weigh 150 by my holiday in June! :rolleyes:
    • exercise three times a week - twice dancing/workout videos, once running if the weather is grand
    • get into the routine of exercising once a week in the mornings, rather than always after college/work as I'm wrecked then

Here we go!

Advertisement