Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Attendant

• 16-05-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've applied to be an Exam Attendant, but I was wondering, at what times I will be needed. Is is only the days that the exams are on that I will be needed?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Probably a meeting with your supervisor in advance too. There may also be external people sitting subjects in your centre too, so it's possible you could be in on the day of a subject your school doesn't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Definitely one day before exams to set up centre(s), remove/cover posters, clean up, set out chairs... This is paid at a fixed rate.

Then usually you will come in about 20mins before (little earlier first day) to make sure every things ok (That's what I did last year - found it was otherwise hectic trying to sort out cups and saucers etc. if i would have come in any later :) )

During the exams of course!

Then after the exams - light cleaning etc.

Sometimes candidates will have extra time e.g. if they have a physical disability. They can get for example, 10 mins extra per hour, so that means you will be paid for that too! Depends on school and candidates though

After exams, in our school anyway, we had to clean up - pure torture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Pro tip:
    make the tea badly the first day and they will never ask you to bring them anything again :P

...May or may not be speaking from past experience ;)

Advertisement