Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying an Apple TV in Ireland but needing access to US content

• 17-05-2015 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

I am looking to pick up an Apple TV but will primarily be using it to watch MLS Live and Hulu plus which are listed as featured on Apple TV in the US:
    http://www.apple.com/appletv/whats-on/

But not on the UK version:
    http://www.apple.com/uk/appletv/whats-on/

Does anyone know if it would be possible to access this stuff on the box that I'd buy in an Irish store easily enough? Or would I have to pick a US one off ebay?

Ideally I'd like the simplicity of just being able to click on an app and open up and play but I'm guessing I won't be able to do that with one I'd pick up here. :-(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

US content like Hulu also requires valid subscription to the service (like Netflix)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Posting this in case anyone else comes looking to see if it can be done...

Went to Argos and picked one up this morning.

Set up a US based iTunes account which allowed me access to the US only apps which were not on screen when I powered it on. Changed the DNS settings and was able to successfully log in to MLS Live (which is a paid subscription). So it's simple enough really. Have a Roku I got free and had tried to do the same but it was cumbersome and didn't really work. Apple, as usual, the superior product.

Thanks for the advice peeps, much appreciated.

Advertisement