Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL with a level 7 degree

• 17-05-2015 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the final year of a level 8 degree and have failed one of my final exams. The course had the option of leaving with a level 7 degree after third year and I'm looking at the option of taking this now .
    Basically I'm wondering can I teach English abroad (in any country) with a level 7 degree? I've seen a lot of ads which just say "bachelors degree" without specifying a level, but does this imply that a level 8 is expected as standard?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭CiboC

I can't speak for 'every country'!, but in Ireland you will be fine with a level 7 degree + a recognised TEFL qualification....

Level 7 would be a considered a normal bachelors degree everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

CiboC wrote: »
    I can't speak for 'every country'!, but in Ireland you will be fine with a level 7 degree + a recognised TEFL qualification....

Level 7 would be a considered a normal bachelors degree everywhere.

Thanks CiboC, that's great news, I wasn't sure, feel like such a fraud applying for things with my "degree"!

Advertisement