Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in East Meath

Options
  • 17-05-2015 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I did a little fishing for fun in the past and always found it relaxing. Living near the Boyne now. I don't have much experience. I would like to fish again. I was thinking about just buying a rod kit from Argos.

Do I need a licence to fish on Boyne? Where is a good spot to fish there? I live in Bettystown. What fish could I catch? Sorry if questions are silly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Most of the Boyne is Club waters and requires a permit or club membership. There are also other bye laws regarding barbless hooks in place.
    Best plan would be to visit a local tackle shop for advice, or join a club.

Don't get an argos rod kit please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Most of the Boyne is Club waters and requires a permit or club membership. There are also other bye laws regarding barbless hooks in place.
    Best plan would be to visit a local tackle shop for advice, or join a club.

Don't get an argos rod kit please.

Thank you. Is there anywhere around the Bettystown area where I can go that does not require a permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭mattser

There must be great shore angling in Bettystown/Laytown surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

mattser wrote: »
    There must be great shore angling in Bettystown/Laytown surely.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.7208848,-6.2394965,454m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.721063,-6.245773,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m5!1e2!3m3!1s52039623!2e1!3e10?hl=en

Would this be a good spot for catching fish? What fish would I be hopeful to catch there. It's a beachwall at Mornington

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There is a very active Coarse club in Drogheda, They have a facebook page, give them a shout and they'll help you out

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

uch wrote: »
    There is a very active Coarse club in Drogheda, They have a facebook page, give them a shout and they'll help you out

Any idea of the FB page name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Any idea of the FB page name?

I don't use facebook but a google of " Drogheda coarse anglers facebook" resulted in the desired page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I did a little fishing for fun in the past and always found it relaxing. Living near the Boyne now. I don't have much experience. I would like to fish again. I was thinking about just buying a rod kit from Argos.

Do I need a licence to fish on Boyne? Where is a good spot to fish there? I live in Bettystown. What fish could I catch? Sorry if questions are silly!

There's a few spots that aren't club on the Boyne,I've fished this river for years and never had any hassle though i know the farmers whose land I fish on.mainly trout and salmon in the boyne but pike,bream,perch and I've heard rudd are also present.no license needed for trout but you'd need one for salmon.you're in bettystown,would be worth joining the duleek anglers club,who's club waters are the river nanny upstream from the bridge in julianstown.I think you can still get day permits from the local mace/centra? In duleek town.

Advertisement