Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United v Arsenal 4.00pm Sunday 17th May

• 17-05-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭

I come in peace.

Should be cracker I reckon with both teams going for it

2-1 United for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Open game
    3-1 United.Falcao hat trick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah reckon it will be very open. Utd have fourth placed wrapped up so will go all out to beat Aresnal and have an outside chance of third.

Arsenal, although perhaps more defensively sound this year and not as naive when defending as a team, are still a very attacking team so expect them to cause Utd problems for a lot of the game.

It could come down to the keepers to be the deciding factor and I'd have my money on De Gea and most likely his penultimate game for Utd.

Home win.

Utd more often than not have the hoodoo over Arsenal at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No Welbeck to get the winner.

Utd win 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

7-0 Utd. Falcao to score all 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

the hoodoo will prob strike again. Hopefully not as bad as vermaelen ushering Van Persie right through on goal though.

Im hoping we sit back and hit on the break and go away with an undeserving one nil win. Then I can read all about how much possession United had. Will make a change from United doing it to Arsenal! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

2-2 draw. Arsenal will be the better team but utd will sneak a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jonny666 wrote: »
    the hoodoo will prob strike again. Hopefully not as bad as vermaelen ushering Van Persie right through on goal though.

Im hoping we sit back and hit on the break and go away with an undeserving one nil win. Then I can read all about how much possession United had. Will make a change from United doing it to Arsenal! :pac:

What's this hoodoo you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

United fall apart when Carrick doesn't play. Confident of an Arsenal win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I think it'll be a draw and someone will be sent off. Fellaini, Jones or that Arsenal full back who likes to lunge into tackles.

I might go to the pub for this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looking at the probable teams and United are inferior to Arsenal all over the park except for in goals. Should be a comfortable away win but knowing Arsenal, we could pull another 'Swansea'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

0-0 written all over it i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Raf32 wrote: »
    Looking at the probable teams and United are inferior to Arsenal all over the park except for in goals. Should be a comfortable away win but knowing Arsenal, we could pull another 'Swansea'.

Let's do a see how many Utd players could get into the arsenal team for a laugh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Draw would be grand, don't expect Wenger to play for one though so probably a United win. Just can't see us winning at OT twice in one season.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Let's do a see how many Utd players could get into the arsenal team for a laugh.

All of them with Louis as the manager :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

They're really not.

jonny666 wrote: »

What's the hoodoo Jonny?

What's the hoodoo Jonny?

The fact Arsenal nearly always lose at OT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A lot of people seem to be writing off arsenal, United aren't half as good without Carrick, our away form has been great. 2-0 arsenal

• Advertisement

How is it a hoodoo though? United have been the most dominant club in England for years. Most teams nearly always lost at Old Trafford until last season.

Calling it a hoodoo is a bit of a lame excuse no?

How is it a hoodoo though? United have been the most dominant club in England for years. Most teams nearly always lost at Old Trafford until last season.

Calling it a hoodoo is a bit of an excuse no?

Arsenal have been particularly bad up there though. I dont think he meant it as a slight on United at all. Sure we say the same about Mourinhos Chelsea, what we mean is that United and Chelsea have been significantly better than us in recent years not that they fluked it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My unsupported opinion, 1:1 draw.

Arsenal have been particularly bad up there though. I dont think he meant it as a slight on United at all. Sure we say the same about Mourinhos Chelsea, what we mean is that United and Chelsea have been significantly better than us in recent years not that they fluked it.

Fair enough, just sounds a bit odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

A hoodoo? They do? That's new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Need a United win so they have automatic qualification for the CL to play for against Hull. Last thing I need is United going to Hull on holiday! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Man United will have to go for the win if they are to have any chance of third, so I can see them being quite attacking. I think Wenger will keep this in mind, try soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter. Think Walcott on the wing would be a good choice for this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Man United will have to go for the win if they are to have any chance of third

Ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

8-2

Ashley Young is back

• Advertisement

Calling it a hoodoo is a bit of a lame excuse no?

Its more then manner of the defeats. United were awful in this fixture last year but we somehow managed to be worse after being in good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

With Man City 2-2 now Arsenal still have an outside chance of 2nd. They'll be up for it today and play their game in hand on Wednesday night. 1-3 Arsenal I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Mata, Blind, Herrera, Young, Fellaini, Falcao.

Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

3-1 United. Felaini, Mata and Rvp to score for us. Arsenal to have a player sent off too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Falcao finally gets a chance up front on his own in this formation. I hope he's told to stay up there and doesn't come deep all the time.

DenMan wrote: »
    With Man City 2-2 now Arsenal still have an outside chance of 2nd. They'll be up for it today and play their game in hand on Wednesday night. 1-3 Arsenal I reckon.

It's 2-3 now, who will win now and what score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

what's wrong with Rooney?

It's 2-3 now, who will win now and what score?

5 mins to go now. Excellent save from Hart. Reckon City should see it out now. 2-3 It's been a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Arsenal are red hot favourites to claim 2nd. If anyone has an outside chance of 2nd it's City, not Arsenal...they should be expected to get 2nd

Arsenal are red hot favourites to claim 2nd. If anyone has an outside chance of 2nd it's City, not Arsenal...they should be expected to get 2nd

City still have 10 goals on Arsenal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Uhh... Wut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

3-1 Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No Rooney and more importantly no Carrick has me worried for this one. Hoping Utd will do a job on the Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

1-2 I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

madcabbage wrote: »
    No Rooney and more importantly no Carrick has me worried for this one. Hoping Utd will do a job on the Gunners.
    I feel dirty saying this, but come on ManYoo.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1-3 :(

not confident at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

madcabbage wrote: »

Can't see it happening without Rooney and Carrick. Think Arsenal will get a point at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

blueser wrote: »

No shame in that, bud. I often cheer on other teams, even rival teams, if the right results suit us.

Sure I'm after being cheering on Swansea there earlier!:pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

blueser wrote: »

Scrub that gob of yours with Brillo pads ya blasphemous hure ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Arsenal on the counter scares me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

All cameras on De Gea at the final whistle then. Followed by the meedja analysing every facial tick as a sign he is leaving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement