Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Kitten to Cat Food

• 17-05-2015 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I have been feeding "George" Royal Canin Kitten dry food from when I got him. It was recently his first birthday, and as a result it's now time to change his food.

What food would you recommend thats high quality, priced good etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Taste of the Wild; grain free and costs about the same as RC which is far from grain free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I feed applaws or taste of the wild dry food and bozita wet food.
    Works out good value for high quality food,I'm buy from zooplus, if you use google chrome to shop on the German site (zooplus.de) it's cheaper than the Irish one.
    I feed all grain free and find it fills them up better than other foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We used Applaws dry food until we switched to a calming food and we feed Bozita tinned wet food. You don't realise how much better the grain free food is until you run out of it. If we run out and have to feed pouches of stuff sold in the supermarkets our 4 seem to be constantly mooching for wet food, whereas with the Bozita they only get it twice a day and they're happy to graze on dry food in between. The grain free works out a lot cheaper in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Thanks for the advice,
    I think ill go for taste of the wild as it works out as the cheapest per kg. How long does shipping usually take from zooplus.de? and is it free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

It's free if you spend over a certain amount on all the zooplus sites, not sure of amount as I buy in bulk for four cats and two dogs, so usually over €100 mark, that does last me two-three months though.
    Delivery anything from 5 days to 10 days, order on a Saturday and you usually get it before the Friday. (Well I did last two orders)

Can I recommend a mix of wet and dry, it really is better, cats don't drink much and can be prone to urine crystals on a dry or high cereal diet. Two of mine got them when on dry only, but since mixing wet and dry, and going cereal free, they've been fine so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement