Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy to let in retirement

Options
  • 17-05-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    My father retires this year and is looking to help my brother get a house. My parents own house value approx € 180k. When he retires he will be living on state pension plus small private pension, so rough €300pw between both incomes. My mother will be working for another 8 years part time and earns €200 per week.
    Would my parents be considered for buy to let ( going to let to brother untill it's paid ), the house is 70k and have 20k deposit

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I can't answer your question, but if I was in your position I would be advising your parents to let your brother get his own mortgage and then help him out with the payments when they can. In retirement the last thing your parents need is to be saddled with that kind of debt if things go wrong.

Advertisement