Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre workout

• 17-05-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

anyone have any recommendations for a good pre workout or seen a good deal on a site?

been looking and cant decide and fancy a change from no xplode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DPdrummer

C4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Eight hours sleep and a balanced diet. Pre-workout sups are for suckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

DPdrummer wrote: »
    C4?

never tried it. is it any use
    Eight hours sleep and a balanced diet. Pre-workout sups are for suckers.

i work shifts which requires me to go gym at 6 in the morning sometimes so i find it handy to have a pre workout on those mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

You can get powdered guarana pretty cheaply, and powdered caffeine even more cheaply. The former doesn't dissolve easily. Not aware of any benefit in this context of guarana over other caffeine. [There is evidence that guarana has additional benefits with regard cognitive effects and offsetting hunger.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Good strong coffee is all i use tuese days if i need a kick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I'd be on the C4 train too. Currently EUR20.00 on hpnutrition too so not going to break the bank if you don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

caffeine is cheap and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Would love to have some variations on Monster zero in Ireland, like you can get in the States. Monster+caffeine tablets makes for a crazy preworkout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭worded

The_Sub wrote: »
    caffeine is cheap and simple.

I thought that read caffeine and a cheap smoke !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Would love to have some variations on Monster zero in Ireland, like you can get in the States. Monster+caffeine tablets makes for a crazy preworkout

Sounds healthy and sustainable

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »

I don't do it every training session obviously, but going for a max every 6-8 weeks isn't a terrible idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I don't do it every training session obviously, but going for a max every 6-8 weeks isn't a terrible idea.

It's an awful lot of caffeine, irregularly it should be grand. Too many people using pre-workouts as a crutch.

papu wrote: »
    It's an awful lot of caffeine, irregularly it should be grand. Too many people using pre-workouts as a crutch.

People who use it for every training session are mad imo, and a bit silly as the effects die down the more frequently you use it, so the only way to get a boost is increasing the caffeine even more.

I find it's good to get pumped for a max or a very intense day, but it's not a major factor required to hit a PR for me. I find music actually boosts me more, but I also use headphones infrequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

papu wrote:

This. You'd be dead in a week if you combined caffeinated fizzy drinks with caffeine. It'd be like drinking a couple of cups of coffee and some 7up an odd day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Tec Diver

Espresso...or double espresso :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Surely the sugar is a key part of the "energy boost".
    Otherwise is just caffeine and maybe taurine etc. Essentially sugar free red bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Preworkout have no effect on me anyway, I've a pretty high tolerance towards them! Working shift work I tend to use them for late night/early sessions. Mr Hyde and and musclepharm assault are 2 decent ones I've used in recent times! Might look at using ON amino energy in the future again. Alternatively Double espressos are a great shout tho with a spoon of coconut oil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Might look at using ON amino energy in the future again.!

Well it's quite soft compared to the likes of 'assault' but it does atleast have clear benefits of amino content.
    Will sometimes take as an intra if I need a boost for a long session. But as a pre? I think it would be too costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

caffeine pro plus

but in all honesty, there is probably 18 threads about pre workout supps and if they work or dont work

(if you work out first thing)
    a good nights sleep
    a positive frame of mind (meditation helps)
    a pro plus owing to time constraints (not enough time to enjoy a coffee and get to gym and get to work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I usually go with a doughnut, cup of coffee or a bottle of wine. I don't always make it to the gym after that last one... or any of the others actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭worded

When I feel like exercising I just lie down until the feeling goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

Anyone ever heard of prison pre workout it's basically a caffeinated drink (coke) and instant coffee supposedly it has a bit of a kick . Never tried it myself now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's called Hyphy Mud, it was coined by Kali Muscle. No reason why it wouldn't work. Caffine and sugar is the backbone of most pre-workouts. The rest of the ingredients are mostly fluff.

Once the name of Hyphy Mud was out there, Kali Muscle brought out a prework out formula with the same name. Quite clever tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zomb13!

I have recently started having Grenade .50 cal. It's great. Get a good buzz and no crash.

I work an 8-10 hour night shift then go to the gym in the morning afterwards. I need some sort of pick me up. Pre-work out supp's are great when used right as are most supplements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

for morning workouts a good coffee and some coconut oil works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

Musclepharm Assault
    No bad comedown,no dodgy stomach,good energy kick

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

If I was you i'd try Musclepharm Assault, I get a good kick from it. I hear Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde are meant to be good as well. Maybe C4.

Advertisement