Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing my religion - Muslims. Interesting article.

Options
  • 17-05-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

The difficulties that Muslims face in Britain as they lose their faith. Hard to leave such a community. Interesting this notion of 'cultural Muslims' and non-believing Muslims. A bit like 'non-practicing Catholics' and non-believers.

Only we have a strongly individualist culture nowadays, and a greater tolerance of difference which makes it easier for Irish-cultural people to become atheists. I think.

I guess people losing their fundamentalist-Christian faith will also have difficulties, but how many would be in fear of physical attack?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It happens eventually though. The majority of French "muslims" are non-practicing these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Losing their religion followed by losing their heads. The horror of belief laid bare.

Advertisement