Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Open 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Pighead wrote: »
    Steady on. It's been pretty competitive so far. Don't think Andy's out of it yet. Murray has looked pretty solid on serve so far (bar the one game he was broken obviously)

He hasn't been awful, just playing a level below Novak, no shame in that really, this is ATG form from Novak this year. It does make it a little boring watching though, when the result is not in doubt sadly. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Novak mentally stronger.

Good hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

If its starts raining here, could be really helpfull to Murray..

I'm up for Djokovic , but I'm disappointed with Murrays attitude here, like he doesn't give a sh*t ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

the_monkey wrote: »
    I'm up for Djokovic , but I'm disappointed with Murrays attitude here, like he doesn't give a sh*t ...
    If there's one player you couldn't level that accusation at it's Murray. If anything he gives too much of a shit and lets himself get wound up. Still think there's life in his though. Murray rarely goes down without some sort of fight.

If there's one player you couldn't level that accusation at it's Murray. If anything he gives too much of a shit and lets himself get wound up. Still think there's life in his though. Murray rarely goes down without some sort of fight.

Sure, but he usually starts losing the head, he isn't really doing that here .. just lying down a little it seems..

67% 2nd serve pts won for Djokovic ... says a lot really ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

The wind is really starting to pick up now.

Also, thank you Pascal Maria. One of the few umpires with the balls to punish the ridiculous time-wasting and ball-bouncing from Djokovic with a time warning.

Sure, but he usually starts losing the head, he isn't really doing that here .. just lying down a little it seems..

He used to always get criticised for throwing tantrums and behaving like a 5 year old though. There's been less of that in recent years. You don't see Rafa or Roger getting visibly wound up and frustrated when things aren't going well. Perhaps Murray has finally realised that containing himself exudes more of a champion's aura.

Could also be that he feels like he's not playing that badly but Novak is unstoppable in this form and there's not much he can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't thing Davis Cup ties are really comparable to anything on the main tour. The team environment does wonders for all sorts of players. When they're playing as individuals the French are unstable.... for want of a better word :P
    Yeah... Good point.

Ironically our strongest player mentally speaking is the "poorest" one in terms of skills: Gilles Simon. Then it's Tsonga.

Monfils is crap. His record speaks for itself. Gasquet improved but he's still lacking something there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

There is just nothing anyone can do when Djockovic is this good. The only surface Murray can match Djockovic on when he is in this form is grass. Murray has improved a lot on clay and I think the next 2-3 years we will see Murray vs Djockovic deciding who wins the slams.

Murrays gonna win this in 5 ... .

Cmon Murray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Two excellent shots from Murray at 5-5!! Trying to get the crowd fired up.

2 virtual match points for Murray now ..

thats it ... congrats murray ..

2 virtual match points for Murray now ..

Love your kneejerk posting style monkey.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nice one from Murray. Could be a great start to his game today.

And great support from the crowd now.

Yes Andy! Some incredible shot-making from him in that game. That really got the crowd going.

• Advertisement

Excellent from Murray. Crowd are right behind him now as well. Foolish to ever write him off. One of the games best battlers. Hopefully the predicted storm doesn't materialise and halt Murray's momentum.

Hope Wavrinka beats murray in the final now

Murray takes the third set 7-5.

He would've been praying for the storms at the end of the 2nd, now the momentum is with him. Played some really impressive stuff in the latter stages of that set. Djokovic's level dropped slightly.

Murray finally breaks and will serve for the set.

Roger Rasheed not impressed during the Tsonga-Wawrinka.

https://twitter.com/roger_rasheed/status/606796760284033024

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah... Good point.

Ironically our strongest player mentally speaking is the "poorest" one in terms of skills: Gilles Simon. Then it's Tsonga.

Monfils is crap. His record speaks for itself. Gasquet improved but he's still lacking something there.

I don't think Gasquet has enough weapons really, awesome backhand, but so-so forehand, not great court coverage, average returner and a solid enough serve, I actually think in the last few years he has maximised his talent.:eek:

Maybe around 200 before Nadal/Novak and to a lesser extent Murray emerged he could have nicked a slam or two, but just not enough of an all round game.

Monfils is the biggest waste of talent of the last ten years. Look at his attributes, court coverage to match Nadal, a beast of a forehand, strong serve, however mentally so frail.

I always point to the game with Murray last year, Murray wins the first 2 sets comfortably enough, and then Monfils enters beast mode.

He then hits Murray of the court for the next two sets, Murray at the end of the fourth starts moaning about the light. It is obvious he wants to get away as quick as possible.

The umpire has none of it and tells him to play on, the crowd get more frenzied, Murray gets more annoyed....

And then Murray wins the final set 6-0, and yes Monfils couldn't have given a damn at the end. :p

I was so close to switch the tv off as it looked like Djokovic had it all under control. Glad I didn't.

The weather was supposed to help Murray (if the game stopped), but now that would be the worst scenario.

• Advertisement

inspired stuff for Murray there and I'd like to see him take it to 5 and win but I think that Djokovic will regroup and Murray won't be able to come up with heroics like that Djokovic service game again. The Djokovic serve so far is still more consistently effective. Sneaky momentum breaker break from Djokovic right here at the start of the fourth set to try to disrupt Murray.

Hope Wavrinka beats murray in the final now

If you genuinely think Murray will win and are not just jinxing then have a bet on Murray to win this match, still 7/1 with the bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Djokovic gone off for a medical time out. Done the same thing at the Australian Open when he lost a set. Bad sportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Fantastic game at 5-5 Djokovic serve from Murray. And he asked for and got the parisian crowd behind him ! This late in the evening the crowd is always better anyway (all the poshy bobo show-my-face-on-TV snobbish **** being now gone).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

A medical time out? What's the injury? Or is it a Wimby final 2014 timeout that helped him win the match?

• Advertisement

McEnroe not impressed.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Djokovic gone off for a medical time out. Done the same thing at the Australian Open when he lost a set. Bad sportsmanship.

Part of the game these days I think.

He seemed to have some issues during the game, so not necesarily tactical move.
    Murray waiting for him with a racquet ready to strike again

Taking the time-out after losing a set is part of Djokovic's game now. I'd love to see Murray win this match.

I wonder if it'll get too dark to play soon. TV picture looking a bit shady.

Edit: Wow, 92% 2nd serve points won by Andy in 3rd set. Impressive!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Loving Murray working the crowd, or what's left of it. Not that Djokovic will care, he's used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Why is that level of ****ing about allowed from Djokovic? He was clearly just wasting time in there, killing the momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Some superb rallies in that game. Great resilience from Murray.

great hold from 0-40. can he keep doing it...?

Ah 3 more break points missed
    Congrats murray it's a done deal here ...

Really hope Murray can even this out.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    If you genuinely think Murray will win and are not just jinxing then have a bet on Murray to win this match, still 7/1 with the bookies.
    Do you genuinely still think the result is not in doubt? I know Djokovic is still a deserved favourite but we definitely have a match on our hands here.

• Advertisement

PressRun wrote: »
    Really hope Murray can even this out.

Don't worry it's won

GWAN!!

Do you genuinely still think the result is not in doubt? I know Djokovic is still a deserved favourite but we definitely have a match on our hands here.

No we don't
    Murray has it won

When will they call it for light - Murray in the groove right now - wants to stay out as long as possible.

No we don't
    Murray has it won

I wouldn't be that sure. The storm is supposed to arrive in the next hour. They won't finish the match today. Who knows what will happen if it's pushed into tomorrow. The storm is perhaps the kind of gift Djokovic wants.

No we don't
    Murray has it won

that's very premature - Djokovic can turn things around as he has in the past - he's still a set up also.

This is getting interesting now. Djokovic looks tired, he likes to win it in 3 sets.
    I doubt this match will be finished today if they keep doing 30+ rallies.

Oh, I was just speaking to The Monkey. :p

Honestly? After the first set, I said it was a foregone conclusion, after the third set, I still think Novak wins, but a cert? Nope

The way The Monkey was speaking it was as if a cert that Murray would win, if he is back him! I'd love a 7/1 cert!!

No we don't
    Murray has it won
    No offence monkey but your predictions are awful. You get almost everything wrong. It's endearing but doesn't change the fact that you're wrong a lot.

• Advertisement

what a miss by Murray... 2 break points

Advertisement