Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny quotables/gaffes from the world of football

• 17-05-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

There's no shortage of unintentional comedy in soccer. I'll get a few going:

Jimmy Hill: "Don't sit on the fence Terry. What chance do you think Germany has of getting through? Terry Venables: "I think it's 50-50."

He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their faces. (Ron Atkinson)

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." (Terry Venables)

They said it was the group of death. In the end it was very much the group of survival, particularly for those who survived. (Jimmy Magee)

Post your favourites.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

"It'd be nice to win, but the most important thing today is getting 3 points" - John Carver

https://vine.co/v/Ojvg5M77bWj

To save anyone the need to type it out, we've all heard that George Best with Miss World on a bed of money with a night porter asking "where did it all go wrong George". I presume the OP is looking for funny moments that really happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Phil jones today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If you cut jamie carragher open, he'll bleed red

Reporter – You've got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?? Zlatan – Well I dont know, you'll have to ask your wife about that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Still one of the best, I reckon:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

And nobody has a f/cking clue what he meant by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Still one of the best, I reckon:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

And nobody has a f/cking clue what he meant by it!

I always assumed he meant the press keep following him expecting some response but he wasn't going to give them one.

I always assumed he meant the press keep following him expecting some response but he wasn't going to give them one.

I always assumed it was footballer trying some laughable attempt to seem deep. He should have stuck with the "I disagree, I will kick you in the chest" logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
    Strachan: "Velocity."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Reporter – You've got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?? Zlatan – Well I dont know, you'll have to ask your wife about that?

Hilarious.

Zlatan is some hero.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

irishgeo wrote: »
    Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
    Strachan: "Velocity."

Reporter: In what parts of the pitch where they better than you?
    Gordon: That big green part out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ray Hudson was on Form tonight.

"Giving Ronaldo that much space is like giving a Dracula keys to a blood bank."

"I wouldn't buy a used car from Carvajal."

Advertisement