Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Leaving Cert 2015 - Ag Science - Before and After**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Green, Low-carbon Agri-environment Scheme

Also green is glas in Irish.

Read! :p

Also

EDIT: What would ye do without the mods; even the Dub ^^^^ can find it on google! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Izzy96

Casio123 wrote: »
    What is REPS or GLAS ??????

The GLAS scheme is a green scheme as it preserves traditional hay meadows and low-input pastures; habitat preservation and practices such as minimum tillage; and, agri-environment as it promotes agricultural actions, which try to preserve endangered species of flora and fauna and climate change mitigation.
    otoolej2 wrote: »
    REPS is rural environmental protection scheme, not sure what GLAS is

There is no more REPS. The scheme is now called GLAS

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Casio123

Izzy96 wrote: »
    The GLAS scheme is a green scheme as it preserves traditional hay meadows and low-input pastures; habitat preservation and practices such as minimum tillage; and, agri-environment as it promotes agricultural actions, which try to preserve endangered species of flora and fauna and climate change mitigation.

There is no more REPS. The scheme is now called GLAS

Thanks so much guys! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ShaunDaSheep

BEAUTIFUL exam wooo

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

BEAUTIFUL exam wooo

I agree, could've been a lot worse! The experiment question was a bit dodgy
    otherwise it was all so straightforward! Wasn't expecting it to be that nice at all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

EDIT: What would ye do without the mods; even the Dub ^^^^ can find it on google! :p:D

Sure, it's about the only thing we can do when it comes to agriculture :pac:

I agree, could've been a lot worse! The experiment question was a bit dodgy
    otherwise it was all so straightforward! Wasn't expecting it to be that nice at all!

i did 3/4 experiments . they were not too bad :D alot of people did not like the exam though haha! I wrote 1 page off a full booklet.

I answered:
    Q1
    Q3-part1
    Q4
    Q5
    Q6
    Q7
    Q9

expecting an A in it, will be gutted if i dont get it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

i did 3/4 experiments . they were not too bad :D alot of people did not like the exam though haha! I wrote 1 page off a full booklet.

I answered:
    Q1
    Q3-part1
    Q4
    Q5
    Q6
    Q7
    Q9

expecting an A in it, will be gutted if i dont get it:rolleyes:

I can't say I was as happy with the paper as you seem to be but it could've been a lot worse, I was expecting to only get a c1 but hopefully got a b2 in that! That's some going, fair play! I did 1, 3 option two, 4, 5, 6 & 7

• Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

what did people say for question 6? just general outline.
    Congrats on everyone finishing today btw

otoolej2 wrote: »
    what did people say for question 6? just general outline.
    Congrats on everyone finishing today btw

which part of Q6 ? I did Q6 as an extra question so i rushed it a lil bit so only did abour 3A4 pages on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

which part of Q6 ? I did Q6 as an extra question so i rushed it a lil bit so only did abour 3A4 pages on it ?

for part B, was it relevant to say anything that affects the yield or specifically was it specific to the actual harvest?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Ag_science2015

what was your opinion of the paper overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nim wrote: »
    Sure, it's about the only thing we can do when it comes to agriculture :pac:
    Speak for yourself, I may not be an expert but at least I'll never end up trying to milk a bullock! :pac:

what was your opinion of the paper overall.

great paper , well structured , really tested our knowledge. Made us think. Question easily phrased, couldnt be happier, you ?

Advertisement