Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canary Found

• 17-05-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, a small bird flew into our garden this afternoon. From looking on web (forgive ignorance of birds) it looks to be a canary. I have no experience but we caught it and improvised a 5 foot cage. I will go to a pet shop tomorrow to seek advice but in meantime since I know nothing of keeping birds I don't want to do anything to endanger it.

The improvised cage is much bigger then standard bird cages, I have improvised a perch which the bird is using, I have put water in the cage in a shallow bowl and a little oatmeal (less then a teaspoonful) in a small bowl. It has already eaten the oatmeal but not touched the water. I have left it alone in a quite room and it seems more settled now then when we first caught.

So 3 questions.

1. Is anything I am dong dangerous for the bird?
    2. Is there anything extra I should do?
    3. Is anyone in Trim, Co. Meath missing a lovely yellow canary?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Just wanted to say well done for keeping the canary safe. I have no bird experience but keeping it safe indoors and giving it food and water sounds like a very good start.

Advertisement