Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunflowers.

Options
  • 17-05-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Have these in a bucket on a balcony.
    3m tall.Will they need support ?
    Presumably one of them will need to go or could I transplant it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

You will eventually. I'd leave them both to support each other. Can you put them in a corner and tie them in as they grow?

Definitely a bamboo in the pot, at least. Balcony location must be fairly windy...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

tampopo wrote: »
    You will eventually. I'd leave them both to support each other. Can you put them in a corner and tie them in as they grow?

Definitely a bamboo in the pot, at least. Balcony location must be fairly windy...

It's east facing so not too bad .
    I'll get a couple of bamboo's so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Looks like 3cm to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

homer911 wrote: »
    Looks like 3cm to me!

I know, I was thinking wtf, 3m! My sunflowers are only sprouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Had some growing in a pot like yours last year, they got to about 2ft high and that was about it, no flowers, nothing, I thought maybe they needed to be planted in the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

vicwatson wrote: »
    Had some growing in a pot like yours last year, they got to about 2ft high and that was about it, no flowers, nothing, I thought maybe they needed to be planted in the ground.

Possibly pot-bound, Vic? Sunflower also need lots of water and feeding as they grow taller, along with good support and room to develop

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't think there's much room for two in that bucket.
    Sure they must have fairly substantial roots if they're ten feet tall

Advertisement