Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Mature Trees?

Options
  • 17-05-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm looking to purchase a couple of semi-mature or mature trees to fill a gap that has been opened up by the farmer next door to us cutting down some trees. Something in the region of 10 or 12 foot tall, just to restore the privacy that was there before, to be planted side by side.

Any idea of where to go for this and how much it is likely to cost? I'm based in Kildare.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

If you do this in winter it will cost a fraction of the cost if you do it now, as bare root trees are available then.
    Contact landform trees near Enfield
    Or
    Flannerys nurseries in donadea area.
    Hope this helps.
    Tip :find out what the existing trees are and replace with same or at least native if it's a rural location

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭davidm25

thank you rje66, that is very helpful

D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Carragh nursery do lots of trees including "seconds" (trunk not quite straight etc - we got 10 silver birch about 15ft bare root for €12 each which is a huge bargain I think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Greenway2020

i would second flannerys in staplestown or dunnes also in staplestown

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭davidm25

Thank you very much Springwell and Greenway2020, will definitely check these out.

D

• Advertisement
Advertisement