Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prepaid 4G sim deal for occasional visitors

Options
  • 17-05-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I shall be making an infrequent visit to Ireland soon. Any recommendations for a reasonable 4g prepaid sim deal, preferably one that offers decent coverage in the south Wexford/Waterford area.

Your tips are greatly appreciated.

Boc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

On a recent visit to IRL I got 7.5 GBs from Meteor for €10 per month. When I made calls I used things like Voipbuster etc.

A real bargain IMHO.

Regards JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Greenman wrote: »
    On a recent visit to IRL I got 7.5 GBs from Meteor for €10 per month. When I made calls I used things like Voipbuster etc.

A real bargain IMHO.

Regards JD.

I agree - this €10 7.5GB deal from Meteor is probably the best deal for temporary usage in Ireland. However, it is 3G only. You have to pay €20 to include 4G. Meteor have good 4G in Waterford area - but I don't think it is in Wexford yet. They have good 3G (H+) coverage in Wexford. Vodafone are probably the only network with decent 4G coverage in Wexford - but they are expensive.

Avoid Three and all the piggy-back MVNO services that use their network (Tesco, 48 or Lyca). Three network has collapsed since they did a botched up merger with the old O2 network in Ireland. Have a look at the Talk-to-Three forum on Boards.ie and you will get a feel for the mess they are in. Best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

bugfreebob wrote: »
    I agree - this €10 7.5GB deal from Meteor is probably the best deal for temporary usage in Ireland. However, it is 3G only. You have to pay €20 to include 4G. Meteor have good 4G in Waterford area - but I don't think it is in Wexford yet. They have good 3G (H+) coverage in Wexford. Vodafone are probably the only network with decent 4G coverage in Wexford - but they are expensive.

Avoid Three and all the piggy-back MVNO services that use their network (Tesco, 48 or Lyca). Three network has collapsed since they did a botched up merger with the old O2 network in Ireland. Have a look at the Talk-to-Three forum on Boards.ie and you will get a feel for the mess they are in. Best avoided.

Good info there. On my week visit I travelled in Cork and Dublin and was happy with my service. I mainly used it for radio streaming and the net browsing. I was happy with it.

Advertisement