Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COMMENTS THREAD for Random Photos LI

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nikon D7100 with Sigma 150-500mm lens at 500mm handheld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Deadlie wrote: »
    21031078529_c955f0773e_z.jpg

The pose is really bizarre here. Her head looks as though it was literally just shifted sideways about 6 inches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

The pose is really bizarre here. Her head looks as though it was literally just shifted sideways about 6 inches.
    Daire, you're just not keeping up with modern trends! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Whammy! wrote: »
    20756105510_8e5a142e52_c.jpg

Love it :) Really really happy joyfull fun picture one of the best I've seen in such a long time :cool:

But... the pnly thing is the bottom of the image theres that black line/ table end, it really doesnt need to be there, thats justa passing thought its not a critisim because I love the picture :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm impressed by the lack of 'moire' in the net curtains.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A case of he who blinks last gets the treats? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Love it :) Really really happy joyfull fun picture one of the best I've seen in such a long time :cool:

But... the pnly thing is the bottom of the image theres that black line/ table end, it really doesnt need to be there, thats justa passing thought its not a critisim because I love the picture :)

Thank you :D
    Criticism noted :)
    I did debate with myself whether I should keep the bottom of the table in the frame or not.
    But I decided to keep it as I really don't like cropping my photos. That's the way I framed it, so that's the way it stays ;)
    Funny enough I did take a photo with the camera angled slightly up and I thought it looked odd with the table top starting at the very bottom of the frame. It gave no context for the table and moved my son too low in the frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Myksyk wrote: »
    A car winds down through the Gap of Dunloe Co Kerry and lights up the foreground for my Milky Way shot.
    21290745572_24be31fa70_c.jpg

This photo is just stunning.

Absolutely superb, I could just look at that image for hours on end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Thanks very much. Really appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I really like this photo too!

However, could I put something out there, I'm not sure if others will agree or if it is just me..

Would you consider cropping some off the right hand side and bottom of the photo? same aspect ratio, just crop in... there isn't much on the right in particular, but what I think the photo would gain most is we would be able to get a closer look at the part where the car is winding down the road, it's very small in the frame now and it does form a nice curve that I'd love to see more...

Also, would you consider cloning out some of the reflection of the car lights? They are a bit distracting imo..?

Finally, and the answer to this is probably no, can anything be done about the brown-ness of the water?

Don't get me wrong though, cracking shot. :)

Edit, my 2 second crappy attempt, lol. I only have a tiny resolution version anyway

9p949dW.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks mystic. Appreciate the feedback. I like the shot but its far from perfect. I've tried cropping at various sizes but settled on this although i too would have liked that car light a little more visible. But I think the expanse of the shot is more 'important' to me. Don't talk to me about those car reflections ... I gave up after a while but I like them there now. I'm ok with the water colour tbh ... I guess there are all sorts of options. I learned a lot from the shot and the processing particularly and hope the next one will be better. This was a case of just taking the shot as the opportunity arose with the car coming. I'm now anxious to get back out and really work on taking two different shots for the sky and the foreground. This is how all the Milky Way shots that wow me are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Myksyk wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Really appreciate that.

How was it done, would you mind telling?

It's just a blend of two shots, one for the sky and one for the foreground. It wasn't ideal insofar I wasn't set up to take the foreground in the shot so it's fuzzy. I just reacted to the car being there. After that it's a couple of hours in Lightroom (for colour, balance, sharpening etc) and photoshop, to blend through layering and masking ... and general clean up. And hope for the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was hoping it wouldn't be copyright protected on Flickr so I could use it as my desktop picture. It's superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I posted my pics in the wrong thread...hahahahhahahahahahhahahahah

MoFo's feeding on my apples....
    21384828652_cf9c3ee0b3_b.jpg

Feicin' BEES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Congratulations on your newborn. Amazing photograph to have and thanks so much for sharing.

dinneenp wrote: »

you should talk to @pullandbang about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

M.J.M.C wrote: »

Cheers M.J.M.C - whirlwind weekend - only managed to take a handful of shots so looking forward to getting the camera out today..

Advertisement