Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one controller drifting

Options
  • 17-05-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

For the past two days my controller has started drifting almost continually.
    I haven't been able to connect wirelessly for months and have had the controller connected to the console via USB.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Comments

How old is it ? I'd have sent it back once the connection problems started.

You can update the firmware for it in settings but not sure if that will fix the drifting I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

Got the console in Febuary and the connection issue began just a few weeks after I got it.

Is there no remedy for this problem?

Got the console in Febuary and the connection issue began just a few weeks after I got it.

Theres a lot of them with the drift issue, you should be covered by warranty on it. If you got it in argos id bring it back to them as they are great on returns other wise log a support ticket with MS.

Maybe some who are more in the know than me can suggest a fix but I don't know of any that don't involve opening the pad up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

If you only got it in February, either return it back to the shop you bought it, or contact Microsoft.

Had the same problem, ended up sending mine back to Microsoft.

Apparently, it's a well known issue with XB1 controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

I had to return a controller to Argos at the weekend because it just stopped turning on for me. Argos were top notch in fairness to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

The problem has seemed to rectify itself.

The odd thing is it happened to both controllers so it seems the problem may be coming from the console itself.

Advertisement