Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TD deserves a vote in Mayo

Options
  • 17-05-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Just putting it out there:

Which (if any) TD in Mayo deserves a vote in next election ?

Also could everyone list everything each TD has done for Mayo in past 5 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just putting it out there:

Which (if any) TD in Mayo deserves a vote in next election ?

Also could everyone list everything each TD has done for Mayo in past 5 years

Ring. Seems to have got a lot of tourist money and grants to Westport anyway. Mainly green way related.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

irishgeo wrote: »
    Ring. Seems to have got a lot of tourist money and grants to Westport anyway. Mainly green way related.

He seems to be doing his piece for Westport at any rate, as regards the rest, take your pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Michelle Mulherin has clarified for us what the results of fornication are and paid back that money for the calls to Kenya which were work-related (really!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Rose Conway Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Michael kilcoyne

• Advertisement

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Michelle Mulherin has clarified for us what the results of fornication are and paid back that money for the calls to Kenya which were work-related (really!)

I'd say she will be in bother holding on to her seat even with out the fornicstion\ calls to Kenya she would be in bothdr

I have the following questions / observations about Mayo Politics.

1) Enda should not be re-elected as he has done nothing for Mayo, I mean zero.
    2) When did Mayo became so obsessed with Fine Gael?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

6541 wrote: »
    I have the following questions / observations about Mayo Politics.

1) Enda should not be re-elected as he has done nothing for Mayo, I mean zero.
    2) When did Mayo became so obsessed with Fine Gael?

Aha, Enda is mentioned on the eight post.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Aha, Enda is mentioned on the eight post.

Ahem and why not he is our Taoiseach, he is from Castlebar, he has let Mayo down badly and shockingly this is a Mayo forum.

Ahem and why not he is our Taoiseach, he is from Castlebar, he has let Mayo down badly and shockingly this is a Mayo forum.

I was just surprised that it took eight posts for the attack to begin.

• Advertisement

I was just surprised that it took eight posts for the attack to begin.

It is not an attack, I am pointing out facts. If you take the fact that he has let Mayo down badly as an attack then so be it, we will have to agree to disagree that Enda Kenny has let Mayo down badly, not one single employment opportunity created in his home town during his tenure, whole towns in Mayo decimated, eg Ballyhaunis.

4 seater this time around should be interesting.

I cant see michelle making it and with john gone to galway i can see the following.

enda
    ring
    harry potter although he could be challenged by lisa.
    sinn fein

I cant see michelle making it and with john gone to galway i can see the following.

enda
    ring
    sinn fein

i would say you are near, I wonder about Sinn Fein, will Mayo have the guts to return a Shinner ?

It is not an attack, I am pointing out facts. If you take the fact that he has let Mayo down badly as an attack then so be it, we will have to agree to disagree that Enda Kenny has let Mayo down badly, not one single employment opportunity created in his home town during his tenure, whole towns in Mayo decimated, eg Ballyhaunis.

You are getting me wrong here. I do see it as an attack but a deserved attack. We may have differing views of what an attack is. I would have assumed that Enda would have been on post 2 with not much positive to say about him.

You are getting me wrong here. I do see it as an attack but a deserved attack. We may have differing views of what an attack is. I would have assumed that Enda would have been on post 2 with not much positive to say about him.

Fair enough fair play, its a shame if he gets elected again.

i would say you are near, I wonder about Sinn Fein, will Mayo have the guts to return a Shinner ?

maybe not but o mahonys votes could go anywhere.

Cant see kilcoyne getting them as he not really in o mahonys area. Perhaps lisa could get in taking the female vote of michelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Ring will top poll as he is seen to be bringing investment and funding into county. Inda will face a backlash as quite rightly pointed out he hasn't delivered. IMO, possibly some pro FF civil servants in either county council or development agencies blocking him. This is an opinion only as it is unusual that he hasn't done anything for county town.

MM will fare poorly as her fornication and Kenyan mobile courting calls reflect poorly on her. The North Mayo public view on her is that she is of little substance and though camera friendly has huffed and puffed and really done nothing for Ballina. The route and connection of the N26 was a great opportunity to show her political savvy and this ended up with the strongest proposal to link up at Turlough. Enough said.

Calleary will squeeze in and is adept at being in the right place and saying the right things. He's playing a longer game for leadership of FF. Knows where his votes are and looks after them.

Last seat too difficult to call. Chambers and SF in with a shout.

For all the talk about politics and the role of politicians - do we really need them? Appreciate the question is too big for this forum and there are times when you wonder.......

Trying to figure out what they really do and contribute of real value where they actually make a difference to community and constituents?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Why has Kilcoyne not distanced himself from the First Mayo Independent group yet?

While First Mayo Independent apparently have some grassroots people who could become strong local campaigners, the group seems a bit all over the place -- in terms of having candidates who are clearly left wing and clearly rightwing -- and mixing single-issue groups (anti-wind turbines, anti-water charges, anti-pylons etc) into one does not seem like a good idea for stability... What happens when a candidate is not fully supportive of one of the interist groups' goals?

What happens when a candidate disagrees with one of the founder's extream conservatism?

It could change, but at this stage none of the First Mayo Independent candidates seem to have a chance and pitting 7 or more of them against each other to go down to an undefined exact number of final candidates seems like it could harm their chances, rather than help matters.

if all goes half well for them, while First Mayo Independent is unlikely to win a seat, it might be a big distrupting factor. Jordan in Ballina, with a FG background, for example would likely suck first preferences from the area's current FG TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

enda
    ring
    sinn fein

That makes sense, but with transfers from Enda and Ring and JOMs votes transferring would that be sufficient to pull MM over the line? Thought she handled "Kenyagate" very poorly and displayed very bad judgement throughout the whole affair

"Im sorry, I made a mistake, it wont happen again and I have repaid the money" on day one would have made it a non issue. Instead she gave it plenty of time to fester

Rose Conway Walsh very capable from what I hear, but who in their right mind would vote for SF. They have no economic policies beyond buying votes and telling everyone theyre victims of some imagined slight or injustice

Think Lisa Chambers will do well, but hard to see her unseating Harry Potter or winning a second FF seat, but what the hell do I know

maybe not but o mahonys votes could go anywhere.

Cant see kilcoyne getting them as he not really in o mahonys area. Perhaps lisa could get in taking the female vote of michelle.

I guess it may come down to the opinion polls. If FG look like leading the next govt, wouldnt you be better with a TD in govt, rather than a TD in opposition even if theyve done SFA up to now

• Advertisement

Who's Harry potter ??
    The new independent group is a waste of time if you ask me all it will do is take a few votes off the top 4.
    Would be hoping Kilcoyne could do done thing but I don't no if he can in a 4 seater, and there's talk of him not running

whitey1 wrote: »

Rose Conway Walsh very capable from what I hear, but who in their right mind would vote for SF. They have no economic policies beyond buying votes and telling everyone theyre victims of some imagined slight or injustice

Ahem I will be and so will hundreds of thousands of others Fianna Fail and Fine Gael didn't exactly do themselves justice on the auld economic front, one introduced us to the word recession and the other introduced us to austerity!

Ahem I will be and so will hundreds of thousands of others Fianna Fail and Fine Gael didn't excatly do themselves justice on the auld economic front, one introduced us to the word recession and the other introduced us to the asturity!

So youd undo all the progress that FG have made over the past few years to make a point?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-launches-debut-30-year-bond-sale-to-lock-in-low-yields-1.2089336

whitey1 wrote: »
    So youd undo all the progress that FG have made over the past few years to make a point?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-launches-debut-30-year-bond-sale-to-lock-in-low-yields-1.2089336

FG has done nothing for Mayo, Enda Kenny has not added one job for Castlebar, so yes I will be voting them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So you want Kenny to directly and personally get involved in providing jobs as opposed to his govt creating the conductions for employment growth? Could you outline how this would work exactly? And how is he responsible for the decimation of Ballyhaunis?

naughto wrote: »
    Who's Harry potter ??

Harry potter
    Dara-Calleary-2.png

Dara Calleary

Harry_Potter_age_37.png4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

So you want Kenny to directly and personally get involved in providing jobs as opposed to his govt creating the conductions for employment growth? Could you outline how this would work exactly? And how is he responsible for the decimation of Ballyhaunis?

Parish pump politics hasn't gone away just because FF are not in power. Ring has milked it.

Kenny hasn't produced as much which is unusual. IMO he's being stymied and will reap it for Castlebar and Mayo if he makes it back in as taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

So when he not just promised but announced 200+ jobs for castlebar he shouldn't take any credit for that? Jobs which have yet to materialise and which probably never will.

The people that voted for him and his party expected results for their county, they really don't care how well Dublin is doing when it's them waiting in line for the dole.

Kenny has had 40 years as a TD for Mayo, it's time for a change.

Time for change, time for Sinn Fein !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

I sincerely doubt Enda wants to be re-elected.

He's just going through the motions.

Advertisement