Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity ban

Options
  • 17-05-2015 10:58pm
    Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭

Taltos wrote:
    Ted

the reasons I requested to close your thread haven't changed. The language you use there isn't acceptable. So I really can't support re-opening it as it stands.

What you can do is open another one with less (none) of the inflammatory language simply requesting admin review of your ban (you can even quote this PM as my permission to quote me), and request immediate Admin review.

If I'm still online I'll support that request and bump it up the chain immediately.

Taltos

So yeah, continuing on from my previous thread.

Ban message:
    Dear Father Ted Crilly,

You have been banned from Christianity for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Turtwig

Moderator Note

You received fare warning about these types of posts.

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by Father Ted Crilly viewpost.gif
    If there's one thing I'm sure of and that I can actually prove, it's that there is no such thing as chance

In the Existence of God Debate forum I said there was no such thing as chance and I backed it up with a later post.
    I cannot see how it was considered trolling. Especially since I was banned by the same moderator who closed a thread I made without reason with the following post:
    Ted,

Father Jessup called to say this was an utterly fantastic thread!

Did you ever notice how it's usually sick people who end up in hospitals?

Me losing this battle for justice will teach me one thing. That closing someone's thread and publicly insulting their thread and them is ok, but proving that a physical force called "Chance" doesn't exist is considered trolling. That is completely illogical.

Thank you.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

My previous thread here was unprofessional, I apologize.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Apology appreciated and accepted.

I've spoken to both Turtwig who banned you and Taltos who dealt with your previous thread because both Taltos and I were concerned that the ban you were given might have been excessive. However given the litany of nonsense you posted that has since been brought to my attention it's clear that you have been engaged in persistent trolling for some time. the thing about chance is not what got you banned, it was simply that the mods had had enough of your overall behaviour in the forum. Had it just been one or two things that they were reacting to I'd have been more sympathetic to your appeal, but I've got 15-20 examples of gibberish and nonsense that leads me to believe that you've been very lucky not to have been permabanned from the forum. I've seen people sitebanned for less tbh.

Ban upheld and if you start posting more of the same when the ban expires I will be sitebanning you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement