Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad3 Senility???

• 18-05-2015 5:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

While I was away from home over the weekend I tethered my iPad to my iPhone using Wi-Fi.
    Now I'm home the iPad won't connect to my home network. The iPhone did right away; the iPad will still connect to the iPhone's Personal Hotspot if I tell it to.
    I powered the iPad off/on, I told it to forget the connection and then re-entered, but no luck.
    I can't try a restore as I can't turn off Find My Phone on the iPad.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Reset network settings and try again.
    Settings-general-reset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Looks like it wasn't the iPad. As I said the iPhone was connecting to the network OK, but not the iPad. About an hour later the Airport Extreme packed up and started flashing amber. Airport utility popped up and said the Extreme had gone missing.

The weird thing is exactly the same thing happened about 2 months back. First the iPad not connecting, then the lot packing up. The Extreme was only 3 months old and this one is now a replacement one from Apple.

The iPad is now happily connected to the Eircom modem by Wi-Fi.

Anyone else had this sort of problem with an Airport Extreme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Put the Extreme in the freezer [in a bag] for 2 hours. Waited till it was back to room temp and it is working again. What is up???

Advertisement