Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C200 leak

Options
  • 18-05-2015 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

My Thetford C200 cassette leaks when I carry it to the dumping point. It is seeping out around the yellow knob "valve blade opener."
    Can this be fixed? There is nothing in the manual about maintenance for this.
    It is only 2 years old.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Put "thetford c200" into YouTube and there are video guides on the different parts and how to replace them.
    Get the parts on eBay.
    Wear gloves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

It could be the rubber seal above the valve blade

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

After cleaning it thoroughly with Thetford toilet cleaner, I filled it with water and stood it on end. There is a steady stream of water from the valve blade opener. The opener has some vertical movement, so I suppose a weak O-ring or a loose connection to the underneath part.
    It is Thetford 23743 but I can't find any instructions for dealing with it.
    Definitely not the valve blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Pity you didn't mention that when you were here , there's an o ring in that , we could have probably sorted it. That knob pulls out, you need to be careful, as you can easily break the tabs though.

Shame, but didn't notice until I got home.

• Advertisement

Good video on how to refurbish a cassette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5TmMX3CNk

Advertisement