Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

• 18-05-2015 10:19am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So with one game to go in the Premier League, and all the major leagues wrapped up in terms of winners, figured it was time to throw open a general transfer discussion thread.

What's your team hoping for? Who are the targets? Who is staying put and who is going? What are your hopes for the next three months :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Liverpool will probably blow another £50 - £70 million on shíte :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Arsenal really need to push on and challenge properly next season or it's time for Wenger to go, the team seems to be slowly getting stronger over the last few seasons with a better standard of player being pursued in the last 2 transfer windows but ultimately there's always one or two glaring issues that are never addressed, like last season for example where there was only 2 recognised CBs in the squad and it was left until January to address it, which was much too late as the damage had already been done in terms of a league challenge at that stage.

Ideally a striker and another deep lying midfielder will be the priority. I think Giroud and Coquelin are great and probably two of the most improved players in the squad but Coquelin needs better competition than Arteta/Flamini (plus someone with a better technical side to their game than Coq would be no harm) and we need a different option to Giroud up front who can compliment him and also offer real competition for his place.

Lacazette and Schnederlin would be good acquisitions. Wouldn't mind seeing a new goalie too but I don't think it's a priority.

I expect Rosicky, Podolski, Flamini and Campbell to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

UTD:

Evans Chico Nani Valencia Falcao RVP out. Januzaj and Pereira out on loan.

Depay in.

Hopefully, Hummels Gundogan/Verratti Clyne Lacazette/Griezmann in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Team: Manchester United

Budget: £150M is an estimate. It could even be higher in light of the major sponsorship deals that were signed last year with Adidas and Chevrolet. Investment of that size will be needed if United are to consolidate their position amongst the Champions League places and push on more in terms of competing for the league.

Players out?: David De Gea has played his last match at Old Trafford you'd think and a transfer to Real Madrid looks pretty assured now. Radamel Falcao's loan has thoroughly disappointed. A physically diminished player and devoid of confidence after the winter. Mendes shenanigans make it impossible to rule out a transfer or loan extension 100% but I think given the player's demeanour on Sunday he's likely played his final game at Old Trafford too. Hard to see a road back for Javier Hernandez and James Wilson will likely take his place as impact substitute/rotational striker next season as the club will want to see if he can develop. Nani is reckoned by most to be gone too but I would like Van Gaal to give him a shot next year. Robin van Persie appears hugely declined also and could be out the door. Age, form and wages are all a barrier to that.

Jonny Evans has had two poor seasons and is now of an age (28) where further development is unlikely. His presence in the squad is also eating into gametime for Paddy McNair. A central defender is one of United's most pressing issues this summer and Evans looks certain to leave. Rafael is another defender likely to leave. His injury record is pretty dire and Van Gaal is completely unsold on him by various accounts. I think he's a talented defender when fit and it's a shame things have developed like they have but he's hitting his mid-twenties and his body can't be relied upon. A club may pick up a bargain or a crock in the summer with him, I'd have him down as pretty sure to leave.

Players in?:
    United need a new goalkeeper (in all likelyhood), a starting right back, a starting centre half, a starting holding midfielder, possibly another winger (definitely if Nani is sold) and also a mobile striker.

Hugo Lloris is the most prominent name linked to the goalkeeping position. Not huge on it, he's an older, more error and injury-prone, less-talented version of De Gea. Add in dealing with Levy and the fact that he would cost more than De Gea given that he's got three years left on his deal. Aids with the possession game as continuity I suppose. I'd far rather Begovic, he has a higher peak. Bernd Leno is another option.

Mats Hummels, Aymeric Laporte and Nicolas Otamendi have all been strongly linked. Hummels would be my last preference. Van Gaal likes his defenders to engage high up the pitch in one-on-one situations, something that Hummels is unsuited to. Laporte would be my first choice as he'd bring a left-footer's balance to the defence and would not be as costly as Otamendi (€50M buyout clause thank you very much).

A right back is needed to replace Antonio Valencia in the first team. Valencia is more suited to the position now but still struggles with the offside trap and his positional game isn't defensively secure. Clyne and Coleman are the two front-runners. Coleman would be a nightmare at Champions League level and I'd far prefer Clyne to him but neither player enthuse me that much to be honest.

Michael Carrick has enjoyed a fine season when he's played and the team has struggled when he's been absent. After an injury-hit season and with him advancing into his mid-thirties a replacement needs to be bought this summer, both to phase him out and to compliment him when he's on the pitch. Schneiderlin, Gundogan, Kramer, Xhaka and Khedira have all been linked. Would be quite happy with Schneiderlin or Gundogan, don't want Khedira at all, Kramer's not quite the same player. The smart purchase may be Xhaka. He wouldn't cost as much as any of the other players and his positional game is more similar to Carrick's than anyone else also.

An increased threat from wide areas was desperately needed to up United's attacking penetration and to speed up what have been slow breaks from the team this season. Depay is a good start. If Nani isn't to get his chance, a replacement needs to be bought, particularly as I see Di Maria as a central midfielder. Di Maria with an increased threat wide either side of him will also enjoy more space to play in and that should help him also. Patrick Herrmann is a player I like a lot. A fast, dynamic, hard working player, I think Van Gaal would really enjoy working with him. With Hernadez likely gone, Falcao almost certainly gone and van Persie possibly out the door too United need another body up front, and one that can provide speed and hold-up play. Jackson Martinez, Carlos Bacca, Benteke and Kane have all been linked. Would hold fire on Kane for another season. Levy is also likely to be very difficult proposition, again. Benteke is my first preference, I think United could do with a physical presence up front other than Fellaini so he can be rotated out for a more technical midfieler and he's mobile enough to make Van Gaal's 4-3-3 work.

Dream target?: Paul Pogba. If I were in the position to do so, I'd fly to Turin, slap down £65M up front, pay him his three hundred grand a week and have done with it. It would immediately bring the team up a level and it would keep him out of the hands of Chelsea and Barcelona (for now). Chelsea getting Pogba is my number one fear this summer. If they buy him, bye-bye Premier League for everyone else for at least two or three seasons. Pogba would let them play the diamond on another level and liberate Fabregas. No thank you. Bale is firmly second to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

tumblr_nlbt7uhrSW1upjc3do1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea

In :

Sub GK as Cech is likely off.
    Another FB as Luis and Ivanovic are the wrong side of 30 although Kalas could fill in at RB if hes kept. Gaya at Valencia mentioned.
    A CB, JT and Cahill both pushing on and we only have Zouma as cover. Varane and Otamendi both mentioned.
    A CM, if we sell Mikel and or Ramires, although I'd be happy for Loftus Cheek to play next to Matic. Koke or Veratti if Pogba goes to PSG would be the dream.
    1 support player that can fill in 2 or 3 positions, Griezman looks on but I'd take Sterling if the price was right.
    Back up CF to replace Drogba. Could be Bamford but I'd loan him out again if Boro makes the EPL, be tough to pick up a good 2nd/3rd choice CF.

Out :

Cech, anywhere but the EPL and I'd be happy.
    Cahill, could happen if we sign a good CB, doubtful though.
    Luis, could be used to tempt Valencia for Gaya or Atletico for Koke/Griezman.
    Mikel, time is up.
    Ramires, we need an upgrade on the lad, willing runner, limited footballer.
    Nathan, just signed will probably go on loan.
    Drogba, out of contract.

Thats before we mention the tons of loanees that will be loaned again or sold, Salah, Moses, Marin, Piazon, Wallace, Kalas, Omerou, Bamford, Atsu, Traore to name but a few.

Expenditure : 80-100m
    Income : 50-70m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gaya is unlikely, he's just signed a new contract and there's money now at Valencia, so he probably won't leave, they could be the next big thing in Spain/Europe. Ditto for Otamendi

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal have to sign a keeper, a defensive midfielder and a striker. A full-back and a wide player to replace Walcott (should he leave) would be a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool

OUT for sure or near certainties

Gerrard free
    Jones free
    Johnson free
    Lambert £5m
    Borini £5m
    Balotelli £10m
    Sterling £40m on a good day
    Alberto £3m
    Coates £1m

Maybe one or two others like Enrique and Lucas (need to keep him really).

Total raised 70 million, dunno what the fresh spend would be on top of that, 30 million max I'd imagine.

Needs

Two strikers, who between them can add 30+ goals (names mentioned include Benteke/Jovetic/Dzeko/Aubameyang oh and Danny Ings)
    One proper CM (?) would love Pjanic but would take Kovacic, Arturo Vidal linked amusingly.
    One right back (Montoya linked but also Carvajal)
    One left back (Luke Garbutt free)
    One goal-keeper (?)
    One "other" position maybe a wide man or a central midfielder (Milner?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Struggle to see how Liverpool can improve if they go through another summer of extensive rebuilding (6+ new players)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Man United:

In:

GK
    RB
    CB
    CM
    ST
    Depay

Out:
    De Gea
    Evans
    Januzaj (Loan)
    Wilson (Loan)
    Falcao
    Cleverley
    Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ospina, Coq and Giroud all need to be upgraded on which is very doable. Hopefully Arsenal can do their business early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Out

Jones (£0) - Out of contract, will not be offered a new contract
    Johnson (£0) - Out of contract, looks unlikely to be offered a new contract due to his high wage expectations
    Enrique (£4M) - Despite regaining fitness, he has not been favoured by Rodgers at all. I would expect him to be sold which is a bit disappointing considering how good he had been for us
    Toure (£0) - Out of contract, but I think this might change as he seems happy to be a backup player.
    Gerrard (£0) - Out of contract, already signed an agreement with MLS
    Lambert (£2M) - Was close to leaving us in January, but player himself wanted to stay and fight for a place. Has looked poor since and I can see the manager telling him plainly that he has no future
    Borini (£9M) - Clearly no longer wanted by Rodgers after a mediocre spell. Has rejected bottom half Premier League clubs, probably prefers a return to a better Serie A team
    Sterling (£35M) - Renegade who is refusing to sign a new contract. Whether he is sold this Summer or later, very hard to see his future being with us
    Flanagan (£0) - Out of contract, supposedly been close to a new contract all year. Surely we won't let him leave for nothing
    Teixeira (£1M) - Talented youngster who may or may not be out of contract, but too old to be playing with kids. There's talk of him getting a chance during pre-season
    Balotelli (£10M) - He may have kept his head down (for the most part) but his lack of goals have been a real letdown. Even more worrying is how he has struggled in our system
    Aspas (£5M) - Sevilla apparently have a compulsory option to buy him this Summer. Let's hope that is the case, no future at this club
    Coates (£2M) - Has struggled with injuries and form. He's quietly managed to turn this form around though and Advocaat has credited him for helping Sunderland avoid relegation. Not liked by Rodgers though
    Luis Alberto (£3M) - The two year loan spell (which says what Rodgers thought of him) has been cut short (which speaks of his lack of impact). Assume we will cut our losses on him this Summer
    Yesil (£1M) - Two nightmare cruciate injuries have really impacted his game time. Was apparently close to leaving last Summer, he's going on 21 now and hasn't made a big impact for the u21's

That's potentially £72M of new money in, but it might also be 15 players out the door.

In

GK - Rodgers dropped Mignolet mid-season, so he does not look convinced at all. There is a possibility we might buy a replacement first choice to him.
    DF - In terms of central defenders, we look ok, assuming Skrtel stays, I'd expect us to retain Sakho/Lovren. Can can do a job in defence, also Ilori returns from loan and may feature, we've also got Wisdom who has plenty of experience and would do a job at back-up. Full back/wing back position probably needs filling. Manquillo/Moreno might end up being the only natural options, so I imagine Rodgers would be looking at an addition here.
    MF - I'd expect the Rodgers stalwarts to stay (Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Can). Lucas has an uncertain future, but hopefully he can be persuaded to stay another season. Gerrard will be an undoubted loss, so you'd think we would be looking for a replacement (not that we can realistically replace him). Hopefully Rossiter is given time, I really rate this kid.
    LW/RW - We have Lallana and Markovic, but Sterling possible going. Origi would help fill the Sterling gap, but with Markovic still very raw, we would need another option.
    CF - It looks like major surgery will be required here if Balotelli, Borini and Lambert all depart. Realistically, we'd be needing two players here, even having Sturridge and Origi playing

1 GK (reserve or first team)
    1 FB (first team)
    1 CM (first team)
    1 WF (first team)
    2 CF (1x first team, 1x backup)

Depressing, because instead of maybe focusing on 1-2 great players, we're going to probably bring in 5-6 average players as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tumblr_nlbt7uhrSW1upjc3do1_500.jpg

Who's after Obertan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Out

Jones (£0) - Out of contract, will not be offered a new contract
    Johnson (£0) - Out of contract, looks unlikely to be offered a new contract due to his high wage expectations NO RENEWAL
    Enrique (£4M) - Despite regaining fitness, he has not been favoured by Rodgers at all. I would expect him to be sold which is a bit disappointing considering how good he had been for us
    Toure (£0) - Out of contract, but I think this might change as he seems happy to be a backup player.
    Gerrard (£0) - Out of contract, already signed an agreement with MLS
    Lambert (£2M) - Was close to leaving us in January, but player himself wanted to stay and fight for a place. Has looked poor since and I can see the manager telling him plainly that he has no future GET MORE THAN THAT
    Borini (£9M) - Clearly no longer wanted by Rodgers after a mediocre spell. Has rejected bottom half Premier League clubs, probably prefers a return to a better Serie A team
    Sterling (£35M) - Renegade who is refusing to sign a new contract. Whether he is sold this Summer or later, very hard to see his future being with us
    Flanagan (£0) - Out of contract, supposedly been close to a new contract all year. Surely we won't let him leave for nothing GETTING DEAL
    Teixeira (£1M) - Talented youngster who may or may not be out of contract, but too old to be playing with kids. There's talk of him getting a chance during pre-season BROKEN ANKLE
    Balotelli (£10M) - He may have kept his head down (for the most part) but his lack of goals have been a real letdown. Even more worrying is how he has struggled in our system
    Aspas (£5M) - Sevilla apparently have a compulsory option to buy him this Summer. Let's hope that is the case, no future at this club ALREADY SOLD
    Coates (£2M) - Has struggled with injuries and form. He's quietly managed to turn this form around though and Advocaat has credited him for helping Sunderland avoid relegation. Not liked by Rodgers though
    Luis Alberto (£3M) - The two year loan spell (which says what Rodgers thought of him) has been cut short (which speaks of his lack of impact). Assume we will cut our losses on him this Summer
    Yesil (£1M) - Two nightmare cruciate injuries have really impacted his game time. Was apparently close to leaving last Summer, he's going on 21 now and hasn't made a big impact for the u21's WONT BE SOLD, WHY WOULD HE BE?

That's potentially £72M of new money in, but it might also be 15 players out the door.

You need to keep up to speed on the contracts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd be astounded if you got more or less your money back on Lambert who's now a 33 year old off the back of a poor season but then you've clubs around like Fulham who paid £11m for Ross McCormack so anything's possible I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/26/sami-khedira-juventus-real-madrid

Khedira looks like he's off to juventus. Brilliant signing if this comes off. Surely a sign one of their mainstays (pirlo pog Vidal) is off for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Arsenal have to sign Christian Benteke, he has all the attributes be great for them. I think I'd fancy them to win the Premier league if they hd onto their regular starters and add him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Arsenal have to sign Christian Benteke, he has all the attributes be great for them. I think I'd fancy them to win the Premier league if they hd onto their regular starters and add him.

I'd imagine Arsenal and by extension any top 4 club linked with Benteke will want a marquee name and treat Benteke as the 2nd option.

There isnt too many top quality options available either that would cost probably in the region of 20-30m so maybe someone will take a punt on him this summer, I dont think he'll stay at Villa anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

cson wrote: »
    I'd be astounded if you got more or less your money back on Lambert who's now a 33 year old off the back of a poor season but then you've clubs around like Fulham who paid £11m for Ross McCormack so anything's possible I guess.

Mccormack had a decent season for them mind you, played most of it out of position too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/26/sami-khedira-juventus-real-madrid

Khedira looks like he's off to juventus. Brilliant signing if this comes off. Surely a sign one of their mainstays (pirlo pog Vidal) is off for sure

Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo and Khedira have cost Juve a total of €11m.

I don't think Vidal or Pogba will be leaving this summer (unless maybe some absolutely ridiculous bid comes in from PSG for Pogba). Pirlo will probably stay for one more season too.

Juve have also wrapped Paulo Dybala from Palermo for €40m. It's not like Juventus recently to spend like that. It's big money for someone who is arguably unproven. I think he's seen as Tevez's replacement for whenever he inevitably goes home to Boca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo and Khedira have cost Juve a total of €11m.

I don't think Vidal or Pogba will be leaving this summer (unless maybe some absolutely ridiculous bid comes in from PSG for Pogba). Pirlo will probably stay for one more season too.

Juve have also wrapped Paulo Dybala from Palermo for €40m. It's not like Juventus recently to spend like that. It's big money for someone who is arguably unproven. I think he's seen as Tevez's replacement for whenever he inevitably goes home to Boca.

Pogba is certain to go I'd say. Real or City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

JPA wrote: »
    Pogba is certain to go I'd say. Real or City.

Talk is Pirlo will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

kfallon wrote: »
    Liverpool will probably blow another £50 - £70 million on shíte :(

Such a pessimistic perspective. It'll easily be in advance of £120 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Benteke and Ings to Liverpool Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Benteke to stay. Hes valuable enough to Villa for them to want 30m+ but not good enough for a team to pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Seems to be moving very fast this summer for some reason. United already signed somebody, we already have our saga set up in Sterling and Liverpool have already started their new tradition of trying to gut Southampton by bidding for Clyne. Players have been released from the relegated clubs too.

Spurs even had their first friendly match against some Asian 11 on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spurs signed Kevin Wimmer from FC Koln today. £4.3 million apparently.

No idea what he's like, but our defense has been shocking, so hopefully he'll come good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11626660/Tottenham-sign-Kevin-Wimmer-from-FC-Koln-for-4.3m.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ola John from Benfica to Swansea according to Dutch site www.vi.nl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Why don't Liverpool just buy Sothampton outright ?

thebaz wrote: »
    Why don't Liverpool just buy Sothampton outright ?

Too straightforward! Though you'd think they'd get a discount by now.

Bournemouth have signed Christian Atsu on loan from Chelsea for next season. Good move for them, pacey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Too straightforward! Though you'd think they'd get a discount by now.

Bournemouth have signed Christian Atsu on loan from Chelsea for next season. Good move for them, pacey

He was really poor for Everton on loan last season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd love to see us* get in Richard Dunne after he was released by QPR.

*By "us" I mean Southend United!

He'd be a great partner alongside fellow Irishman Cian Bolger, and we might need an experienced centre back if Adam Barrett decides to call it a day. Dunne's experience could prove vital for our newest venture into League 1.

Then again, I'm probably just dreaming really as it's looking more and more likely that he'll join the rest of the Irish contingent over in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Leicester sign Christian Fuchs on a free from Schalke. Impressive signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Jaysus Austria seems to have suddenly become very in vogue. Only a few weeks into the window and thats Fuchs, Prodl and Wimmer all coming to England. Are the national team coming along well or is it just coincidence?

• Advertisement

Solid signing that for the foxes, very little risk involved and an experienced pro in the backline. They need strikers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bit of an awkward press day if they mix up the main football stories coming out of Leicester City ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liverpool confirm they will sign James Millner subject to a medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cleverly to Everton on a 5 year deal looks a done deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cleverly to Everton on a 5 year deal looks a done deal

That's an awful signing, was barely good enough for Villa. Probably going replacing McCarthy if they cant hang to him.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    That's an awful signing, was barely good enough for Villa. Probably going replacing McCarthy if they cant hang to him.

When Sherwood took over he started to actually pass the ball forward and looked quite tidy I thought. Might be a good fit for Everton actually

Great news, no annoying SSN bo**ocks going on for hours. They must be gutted.
    Deadline for summer transfers brought forward to 6pm by Premier League

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/summer-transfer-window-deadline-premier-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Great news, no annoying SSN bo**ocks going on for hours. They must be gutted.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/summer-transfer-window-deadline-premier-league

they will just condense the hype...

"ok folks,jim white here.. we now have just HALF the time in which to get the transfers done today then we did before,stay tuned for what promises to be mega drama and tight tops by natalie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

rob316 wrote: »

He was excellent under Sherwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

With milner/lampard and boyata leaving already city are down to two i believe home grown players in joe hart and gael clichy, they will be paying top dollar for any homegrown players they go in for. Wonder who they will snap up?

klose wrote: »
    With milner/lampard and boyata leaving already city are down to two i believe home grown players in joe hart and gael clichy, they will be paying top dollar for any homegrown players they go in for. Wonder who they will snap up?

Sterling? If Pool wanna do business. Theyll have to pay through the nose however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sterling? If Pool wanna do business. Theyll have to pay through the nose however.

Yeah ive been saying for a bit that i think city would go for sterling. Whats the minimum amount of homegrown players a team can have? 8 is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

klose wrote: »
    Yeah ive been saying for a bit that i think city would go for sterling. Whats the minimum amount of homegrown players a team can have? 8 is it?

there's no min amount of hg players needed

you can have a max amount of 17 foreigners though, and 8 over 21 players who are home grown, so after the 17 foreigners it needs to be all home grown or u21 basically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Transfer deadline day will finish at 5pm on the 1st of September this year.
    Transfer Deadline Day will be done and dusted by dinner on 1 September rather than its usual 23:00 BST climax.
    The deadline was shifted from 31 August as Premier League rules prevent it from falling on a Bank Holiday.
    But as Champions League squads must be submitted to Uefa by 23:00 BST on 1 September, the Premier League has decided on a 17:00 BST deadline

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33007503

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

23000 BST climax in this case is short for 2300 Bull**** climax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement