Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Paully D wrote: »

Read about Lens in the Dutch papers too.
    He wants out of there.
    And Advocaat did work at Zenith in the past so wouldnt put that in the rubbish bin so quick either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Milan have a pre contract agreement with Luiz Adriano, his contract ends in.December and he's agreed to join Milan on a free in January.

Milan are now negotiating with Shakhtar to try and get him this summer instead of waiting.

Bacca, El Shaarawy, Menez, Cerci, Niang, Adriano.

Not a bad bunch to pick an attack from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Milan have a pre contract agreement with Luiz Adriano, his contract ends in.December and he's agreed to join Milan on a free in January.

Milan are now negotiating with Shakhtar to try and get him this summer instead of waiting.

Bacca, El Shaarawy, Menez, Cerci, Niang, Adriano.

Not a bad bunch to pick an attack from.

Have they made any defensive/midfield signings of note this summer? Good to see Inter and AC back in for top players again

Have they made any defensive/midfield signings of note this summer? Good to see Inter and AC back in for top players again

De Jong renewed, which was a big boost to them. Jose Mauri is a traditional midfield engine type player who can throw himself about, Poli is pretty good sitting in front of the back four breaking up play as well and I'd expect him to play in the middle more this seasons instead of on the wing or at right full.

Bertolacci can play anywhere in midfield as well.

Luiz Adriano to Milan on a 5 year contract. I'd imagine once the pre-contract was signed earlier today Shakhtar had no choice but accept a nominal bid from Milan to stop from losing him for nothing in a few months anyway.

11011968_10152906996611937_201955991330699284_n.jpg?oh=7cc4601398690de3f431e1447ed05359&oe=5625CC31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland agree deal for Celtic's Adam Matthews. £2m is the reported fee.

Yevhen Konoplyanka signed by Sevilla.

d4b035d254f3a721960f7c03c27efb21.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Godot. wrote: »
    All transfer restrictions lifted on PSG! A chained beast that is now going to wreck havoc!

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status/616285519010492416
    I assume the same will apply to Man City too. What a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City are ripping into the market with the £2m transfer of some guy from the Super Lig

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/03/enes-unal-manchester-city-medical-bursaspor

Okay he's only 18! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Sunderland agree deal for Celtic's Adam Matthews. £2m is the reported fee.

I dont know where to get summary figures but Sunderland must have one of the highest player transfer numbers of any team in any league.
    Would love to compare their figures over the last decade.

• Advertisement

ArtyM wrote: »
    I dont know where to get summary figures but Sunderland must have one of the highest player transfer numbers of any team in any league.

Here

Start clicking the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

inforfun wrote: »
    Here

Start clicking the years.

Rough count:
    2010 - 2014

In: 12/14/12/27/27
    Out: 21/27/31/23/48

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Can everyone stop with the Pogba talk now.

Marotta: "Barca offered us 80 million for Pogba but we don't want to sell him."

Edit:

At least until next summer....
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/agreement-place-for-barcelona-sign-paul-pogba-for-the-2016-17-season-4320625

No deal for next summer in place either...
    Barcelona were rejected by Juventus for Paul Pogba, but international sporting director Ariedo Braida teases ‘it doesn’t end here’.

The Blaugrana had an €80m bid for the Frenchman turned down this week, a sequence of events which Presidential candidate Joan Laporta called ‘a failure’.

“My good friend [Juventus general manager Giuseppe] Marotta officially turned down our offer,” Braida told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, it doesn’t end here. First there are the club elections, and then…”
    http://www.football-italia.net/68630/braida-%E2%80%98not-over-pogba%E2%80%99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

After the Luiz transfer and the money involved i read a remark that it almost looks like the rich owners of clubs, use these clubs for money laundering.
    Now Falcao to Chelsea.
    I more and more start to believe there is something to that money laundering theory.

Havent they watched last season and the Copa America?

After the Luiz transfer and the money involved i read a remark that it almost looks like the rich owners of clubs, use these clubs for money laundering.
    Now Falcao to Chelsea.
    I more and more start to believe there is something to that money laundering theory.

The owners of Chelsea and City are fairly decent guys though right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Now Falcao to Chelsea.

Sure look who owns Monaco, look who's Falcao's agent.

ArtyM wrote: »

It is absolutely ridiculous. We have to have spent more than all but the usual suspects since we returned to the Premier League in 2007 (well over £200m) and have never pushed on.

Instead of adding 2 or 3 quality players each offseason, it's a constant rebuild. That's why the club were determined to go the Director of Football route but the time to judge that is in 3-5 years. I don't envisage it being all that successful however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Yevhen Konoplyanka signed by Sevilla.

Good signing for Sevilla. They will also need a serious Centre Forward to replace Bacca.
    Disappointed that Dnipro did not get any fee from the transfer. He is a youth team graduate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Good signing for Sevilla. They will also need a serious Centre Forward to replace Bacca.
    Disappointed that Dnipro did not get any fee from the transfer. He is a youth team graduate.
    You can blame that on Dnipro's owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Montoya officially loaned to inter for 2 seasons. Serie a doing good business this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I find it hard to believe Milan and Inter actually might not be basket cases next season. I'm sure at least one of them still will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Milan should have given Allegri money to spend. He kept that team going for a year or two more than they should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Juve replace Storari with Neto as back-up to Buffon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Qpr reject 12m Leicester bid for austin. Think austin can do better than Leicester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Newcastle would be a very good move for him

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Newcastle would be a very good move for him

Its been a long time since Newcastle was a good move for anyone :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Qpr reject 12m Leicester bid for austin. Think austin can do better than Leicester

He's out of contract next summer and QPR are in the shitter financially. If it drags on towards the end of the transfer window he'll go for less than that IMO.

He won't want to be there and QPR will fold. They'll have to.

How many strikers do Leicester want by the way? Ulloa, Kramaric, Okazaki, Vardy and Nugent all there now. You'd have to think 2 of those are off if they're adding another.

He's out of contract next summer and QPR are in the shitter financially. If it drags on towards the end of the transfer window he'll go for less than that IMO.

He won't want to be there and QPR will fold. They'll have to.

How many strikers do Leicester want by the way? Ulloa, Kramaric, Okazaki, Vardy and Nugent all there now. You'd have to think 2 of those are off if they're adding another.

No manager and bidding 12 million, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

JPA wrote: »
    No manager and bidding 12 million, not good.

Cambiasso stringing balls into Austin! Ballon D'or!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Podolski signs for Galatasray .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Podolski signs for Galatasray .

I read that too fast and thought it said Poborsky! :pac: :D

Super Lig has become a real home to has beens.

Smegball wrote: »
    Cambiasso stringing balls into Austin! Ballon D'or!

Cambiasso has left.

Why is no one really looking at Wijnaldum? He was the captain of the same side that Depay played in. He was voted player of the year in the Eredivisie ahead of Depay. He had 18 goals and 5 assists. He is supposedly on the market for around £12m. I just read an article with him begging with his quotes for PSG to renew their interest from last year. I can't understand the lack of interest around him for that kind of money.

Sunderland had a go and were told to politely fuck off :pac: Cue the "we were never interested anyway" stuff in the media. I think I'd have had heart failure if we'd somehow managed to pull that one out of the bag.

So it looks like Shaqiri to Stoke is dead in the water. Talk is that Inter want to move him on but he has no intention of joining a small regional club in northern europe, and to be honest, who can blame him?

New rumour is that Inter want to use him as a counter weight in a bid for Erik Lamela.

I think this would be a good move for both clubs. Lamela needs a club who will back him as a forward instead of playing him as a wide midfielder to get the best out of him, and Mancinni's 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 would work well for him and on top of that Shaqiri's industry and physicality would work better in the premier league than it does in Serie A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kevin Trapp has joined PSG from Eintracht Frankfurt. Fee around €9.5m.

The clear out of the "Bale Money" players continues apace.
    Amy Lewis ✔
    @SkySportsAmy

Sources: Watford and Spurs have agreed fees for Etienne Capoue and Benjamin Stambouli - personal terms are yet to be agreed.
    10:57 AM - 4 Jul 2015

I reckon they'll end up with just Eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Lukas Podolski is going to Galatasaray.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33393899

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This Vidal to Real talk true? Chilean media reporting it apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Corholio wrote: »
    This Vidal to Real talk true? Chilean media reporting it apparently.

Marotta said today that Juve haven't had any offers for Vidal or Llorente.

Edit: Sky Italia have dismissed the speculation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't know what happened to Beck. Looked like a huge talent when he was at Stuttgart.

https://twitter.com/BL_LatestEN/status/617335538031423488

The most bizarre piece of transfer related info I read today was Ottmar Hitzfeld turning down an 18 month / €24m offer from Guangzhou Evergrande. €24m for 18 months of work. Christ..

RvP to Fenerbahce.
    Guardian sport ✔
    @guardian_sport

Exclusive: Van Persie agrees terms with Fenerbahce http://gu.com/
    p/4act3/stw @Turkish_Futbol @JamieJackson___ Pic: Getty
    3:03 PM - 4 Jul 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RvP to Fenerbahce.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

He's finished at the highest level. Mobility is well down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

RvP to Fenerbahce.

Arsene sold him at the right time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liamalone wrote: »
    Arsene sold him at the right time!

8689481350_e676890028_o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    8689481350_e676890028_o.gif

If I couldn like a pic more then once I would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Where all the money coming from in turkey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Where all the money coming from in turkey?
    Fifteen per cent tax rate. Means they can pay players pretty well. Fenerbahce were on the list of football's richest twenty clubs last time too I read on this forum.

Advertisement