Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City seem to think they have Pogba in the bag.
    Manchester City are poised to break the British transfer record and sign Paul Pogba for £71million.

The most sought-after player in world football had been lined up to join Barcelona but they could only offer £57m, clearing the way for City.

Now, the deposed Premier League champions want to tie up the deal immediately so the Juventus midfielder can join them on their two-week tour to Australia.

And City’s neighbours United will get a £1.25m windfall from the transfer under FIFA rules, because Pogba spent three years at Old Trafford as a youngster.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-winning-transfer-race-6001067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I just can't see him going back to Manchester, he'd have to have no other options.

He is still only 22 so Juve - City - Bayern/Barcelona seems quite possible to me I guess it depends on whether he has any patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

If he is to leave, I think a move to England would make most sense before an imminent move to Spain when he hits his presumed prime of mid 20's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'm pretty sure he won't be going anywhere this summer.

• Advertisement

Vidal Madrid bound?

Spain the best place for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I think his value doubled tonight.
    Immense game from him.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Vidal Madrid bound?

Spain the best place for him

Juventus, Sky Italia and Marca have all completely denied those rumours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is from the mirror though.

You can ignore that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pogba is a very good player, but I'm surprised at that fee. But City are money bags, so who cares if they spend over the odds, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hope they get him so they might leave Delph alone.

So that's basically 100 million euro even.
    Nuts.

Van Persie to Fenerbahce is being denied by his agent, who is in Holland at the moment.

Fenerbahce has to make it public when they are in negotiations with a player, as they did with Nani. That is because they are listed at the stock exchange.

Nani is not 100% sure either, still has to undergo a medical.

Pogba is a very good player, but I'm surprised at that fee. But City are money bags, so who cares if they spend over the odds, I guess.
    CSF wrote: »

:D

HSV....... consoling2.gif

They signed Spahic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

inforfun wrote: »
    HSV....... consoling2.gif

They signed Spahic.

F*cking come and sign him, Leverkusen. Thought not.

He's a bit of a dick, but he played well before they sacked him in April for headbutting a steward. He started 22 games last year for a CL team, so I am happy overall with him on a 1 year deal. Bit worried they might sell Tah now. He is captaining the U19s at the Euros in Greece, so maybe when he dominates there some English team will come in for him. Selling him to Leverkusen shouldn't be an option.

edit: Sport director - "Signing Spahic has nothing to do with a possible sale of Tah. He stays.". Good.

https://twitter.com/BundesligaSpot/status/617686846592655360

€25m.. *cries*
    He already has a contract agreement with Roma according to Di Marzio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Probabaly already said, but if cabaye goes to palace that would be a major coup. Very very good player.

Surely there's bigger teams chasing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Probabaly already said, but if cabaye goes to palace that would be a major coup. Very very good player.

Surely there's bigger teams chasing him

Would love him at Everton. Great little player and would be similar to arteta when he was with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seems there is a legal dispute over the alderwireled transfer, hes agreed to sign for spurs but southampton had a clause to sign him apparently. Interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Afaik, saints had a fee built in for about 7 million, but atletico had the right to buy out that fee for 1.5 million.

So atletico did that. In the hopes they'll now get 14-16 million for him

Edit - seems saints are saying atletico didn't transfer the money in time to deactivate the clause.

However, atletico obviously would prefer he move to Tottenham and reject personal terms with Southampton as theyd pocket millions more.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Seems there is a legal dispute over the alderwireled transfer, hes agreed to sign for spurs but southampton had a clause to sign him apparently. Interesting to see how it pans out.

The same thing is going on with Forentina and Inter over Salah. Fiorentina went absolutely berserk over the way Inter conducted their business.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Surely Alderweireld can just refuse to go to the Saints if he prefer's Tottenham. Regardless of if there's a buyout clause, surely a player would still have to agree terms?

Maybe he would prefer the Saints though, so he may be quite happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Plenty of talk in the north-east this evening that Stewart Downing has agreed to go back to Middlesbrough. That would be an outstanding signing, a real coup.

My only worry if I were a 'Boro fan would be that at 30 (he'll be 31 when the season starts) he may see it as the start of his retirement as opposed to having any real drive or desire left. A player who thinks he's doing a club a favour by playing for them can be dangerous for all the wrong reasons.

Still, he'd be the best player in the division by some distance if he fancies it. Fair play to 'Boro if they can pull it off. I'd certainly have taken him at Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Paully D wrote: »
    Plenty of talk in the north-east this evening that Stewart Downing has agreed to go back to Middlesbrough for a fee of around £6m. That would be an outstanding signing, a real coup.

My only worry if I were a 'Boro fan would be that at 30 (he'll be 31 when the season starts) he may see it as the start of his retirement as opposed to having any real drive or desire left. A player who thinks he's doing a club a favour by playing for them can be dangerous for all the wrong reasons.

Still, he'd be the best player in the division by some distance if he fancies it. Fair play to 'Boro if they can pull it off. I'd certainly have taken him at Sunderland.

Isn't he doing well at West ham though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I dont think that will happen.

Kirby wrote: »
    I dont think that will happen.

I think they're happy to sell, they've signed a new assist machine and will take the cash while he's still worth something.
    Downing is also known for being a home bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Delph is more the home grown quota I'd imagine. I'd say one won't affect the other unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rebelomar wrote: »
    Delph is more the home grown quota I'd imagine. I'd say one won't affect the other unfortunately

Having a homegrown player that's 5th or 6th choice isn't much use. If City keep Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva and sign Pogba there'd be no use in signing Delph even if he'd been born inside the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Having a homegrown player that's 5th or 6th choice isn't much use. If City keep Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva and sign Pogba there'd be no use in signing Delph even if he'd been born inside the stadium.

I agree 100% but didn't stop them signing Sinclair, Rodwell etc.

It's why they kept Richards on the books for so long.

It's what they do

Richard Wright is still at City because he's homegrown. Richard Wright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Pogba should stay at Juventus for another year. He's developing quite well at Juve and he's still a little inconsistent so I don't really see it being an advantage for him to move at this stage as long as Juve don't sell Vidal who finished the season in really good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Richard Wright is still at City because he's homegrown. Richard Wright!!

Wow that's a blast from the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

glued wrote: »
    Pogba should stay at Juventus for another year. He's developing quite well at Juve and he's still a little inconsistent so I don't really see it being an advantage for him to move at this stage as long as Juve don't sell Vidal who finished the season in really good form.

They've bought in Khedira so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them leave

Is it me or has it been a pretty quiet transfer summer so far?

• Advertisement

241a03b9c0db5af3cef3aafcae58f6bf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

No big transfers. But for early July the Premier League's been busy enough.

There's a rumour in Germany linking Bruno Labbadia with Greece.

Apparently they have been very impressed with the way he saved HSV when all hope was lost and want him to do the same with their economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Oat23 wrote: »
    There's a rumour in Germany linking Bruno Labbadia with Greece.

Apparently they have been very impressed with the way he saved HSV when all hope was lost and want him to do the same with their economy.
    Better off deleting this one.

Better off deleting this one.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

sugarman wrote: »
    Has be some sort of record, 3 seasons in and still hasn't made his debut.

Not a single game played in any form since 2011.

Surely Stuart Taylor would be worse? Wasnt most of his entire career as #2 around various clubs, including City of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oat23 wrote: »
    Kevin Trapp has joined PSG from Eintracht Frankfurt. Fee around €9.5m.

Wonder what this means for Sirigu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I think the biggest news for me is Pat Kasami and Nicole Scherzinger shacking up.

sugarman wrote: »
    Has be some sort of record, 3 seasons in and still hasn't made his debut.

Not a single game played in any form since 2011.

That's brilliant. What a life.

He has earned over €2m at City since 2012.

Maybe he is a good influence on the younger lads though. Probably worth the money if that is the case, but I know nothing about him.
    Knex. wrote: »

Most seem to expect him to stay and Trapp to fight for the no 1 spot with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I think the biggest news for me is Pat Kasami and Nicole Scherzinger shacking up.

I thought she was with Hamilton?

I thought she was with Hamilton?

He wouldn't marry her so they broke up apparently.

Any man who says "You know what? No. I don't want to marry Nicole Scherzinger" should be arrested.

Harry Palmr was right. It is a slow window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Knex. wrote: »

PSG were interested in Cech so I'd say not great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Pirlo gone to New York City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pirlo gone to New York City

For a spot of shopping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bakkali signed for valencia also, apparently a massive idiot with a ton of talent and was told by psv to fcuk off to their reserves basically iirc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement