Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

inforfun wrote: »
    Difference being that most of the guys you name there, went to the USA and i can actually believe it when they, for a part at least, go there because they are interested in living there.

Those desert clubs cant be that stupid to think the likes of Xavi are coming over there for anything else than the oil dollars.

And i dont blame them for going for that money but just be honest about it. Like Gyan and Kramer just did.

I know it is the thing to say, even for us the one that have to go for normal jobs to get food on the table, during interviews that you want to work for company X because they are best thing ever and all that kind of non sense of challenges and scrap.
    It usually comes down it is because they pay you more than someone else, that is why you go.

TL;DR
    Dont mind them picking up a big check day but just say the big check is the reason why you go where you go.

I don't agree with that. It's fine in theory, but in practice it's disrespectful to the club you're joining and its fans to say "Let's face it guys, I wouldn't be in this $hithole except for the wads of money you're paying me". When you join a club you become an ambassador for that club, and should have the respect to act accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Valon Behrami left our camp in Switzerland to negotiate with Fiorentina and Watford.

I'm hoping Watford are as dumb as Leicester were with Okazaki and offer us more than we are expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Difference being that most of the guys you name there, went to the USA and i can actually believe it when they, for a part at least, go there because they are interested in living there.

Those desert clubs cant be that stupid to think the likes of Xavi are coming over there for anything else than the oil dollars.

And i dont blame them for going for that money but just be honest about it. Like Gyan and Kramer just did.

I know it is the thing to say, even for us the one that have to go for normal jobs to get food on the table, during interviews that you want to work for company X because they are best thing ever and all that kind of non sense of challenges and scrap.
    It usually comes down it is because they pay you more than someone else, that is why you go.

TL;DR
    Dont mind them picking up a big check day but just say the big check is the reason why you go where you go.

What a ridiculous post..

Of course it's for the money and everyone knows but players have to be professional. plus I doubt the local fans care either, they'll get to see Xabi.

China and the middle east aren't bad places to live either, north England is probably a worse to live.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

don't think it was mentioned here yet but Shay Given has left Villa and looks to be heading to Middlesboro although Stoke are also now beng reported to have an interest. Either way big wages gone for Villa and hopefully Given gets regular first team football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Looks like Van Persie to Fernebahce is a done deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9907304/van-persie-deal-agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Newcastle in advanced talks with Wijnaldum per Sky Sports and others. For **** sake :( I'll be extremely jealous if they pull that one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ruiz to Lisbon with a 60 m buy out.

ummmm......k did look decent at times but 60 m buyout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Paully D wrote: »
    Newcastle in advanced talks with Wijnaldum per Sky Sports and others. For **** sake :( I'll be extremely jealous if they pull that one off.

You can have him if you promise not to beat us again.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ruiz to Lisbon with a 60 m buy out.

ummmm......k did look decent at times but 60 m buyout

Buyouts mean nothing in reality though if clubs are open to doing deals.

I think Pedro, who Arsenal were linked with lately, has something like a €130m buyout clause.

The only recent case that I can remember of it becoming a sticking point was where Bilbao refused to let Martinez negotiate with Bayern and he ended up having to buyout his contract iirc.

• Advertisement

Antalyaspor in Turkey signed Eto'o, and now they are after Valdes and Ronaldinho too. That would be interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Those buy out clauses do mean something, sometimes.
    If a club's offer meets that buy out clause, club has to accept.

Most famous transfer where that happened was Figo to Real from Barca.

I thought Ronaldinho was a done deal last week already?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous post..

Of course it's for the money and everyone knows but players have to be professional. plus I doubt the local fans care either, they'll get to see Xabi.

China and the middle east aren't bad places to live either, north England is probably a worse to live.

The Middle East and China are better places to live than Northern England?

And my post is ridiculous. Alrighty then. (insert Jim Carrey face)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Turan to train with Barca for 6 months before he can be registered for his debut. Crazy that, just take a loan deal, somewhere, anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Turan to train with Barca for 6 months before he can be registered for his debut. Crazy that, just take a loan deal, somewhere, anywhere.

He can't because he's technically not their player until they can register him.

Dont care where he ends up.
    Hope there will be a bidding war and he goes for 30 million since 15% of the transfer fee will be shared between Feyenoord and Wijnaldum.

He should do better than Sunderland or Newcastle.
    But other than those 2 only Zenith has shown interest but came with an offer that made no sense at all. 10 million now and then some add ons that could end up being 15 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dont care where he ends up.
    Hope there will be a bidding war and he goes for 30 million since 15% of the transfer fee will be shared between Feyenoord and Wijnaldum.

He should do better than Sunderland or Newcastle.
    But other than those 2 only Zenith has shown interest but came with an offer that made no sense at all. 10 million now and then some add ons that could end up being 15 million.

Everton are interested too. I know nothing about him. Can he play as a number 10 which is what we need.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton are interested too. I know nothing about him. Can he play as a number 10 which is what we need.

Earlier in this thread i mentioned he is actually an enemy of his own versatility.
    Can play on the right wing (at Feyenoord from age 16), can play the no 10 role (he did at PSV and Feyenoord) while he played DM at the WC for Holland last summer.
    But on all those positions there are better players around/ available for that money i think.
    Now if a club wants him to be their first choice no 10, you probably have him.

He is not a no 10 in the older Bergkamp style, provider. He is more one in the young Bergkamp style, scoring goals. If that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Earlier in this thread i mentioned he is actually an enemy of his own versatility.
    Can play on the right wing (at Feyenoord from age 16), can play the no 10 role (he did at PSV and Feyenoord) while he played DM at the WC for Holland last summer.
    But on all those positions there are better players around/ available for that money i think.
    Now if a club wants him to be their first choice no 10, you probably have him.

He is not a no 10 in the older Bergkamp style, provider. He is more one in the young Bergkamp style, scoring goals. If that makes sense.

Everyone (Everton even!) current offer is a supply of last seasons training balls, 10 box tickets to bill kenwrights next show and 3 million drachma paid monthly in arrears.

I wouldn't be holding out hope that Everton will offer big money!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Everyone current offer is a supply of last seasons training balls, 10 box tickets to bill kenwrights next show and 3 million drachma paid monthly in arrears.

I wouldn't be holding out hope that Everton will offer big money!

Autocorrect i presume? :D

Matteo Darmian done deal for Utd apparently.
    18 million that can rise to 20 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Surprised at that. Live with a Torino fan for the past 2 years and became a bit of a ritual to watch the games online. Good player but just wouldn't have imagined him being a target for starting right back for a team as big as United. Would rate Rafael better. But he seems unwanted and been injured a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Behrami to Watford. That'd be a decent piece of business, already knows the league as well too.

Corholio wrote: »
    Behrami to Watford. That'd be a decent piece of business, already knows the league as well too.

I guess we all have a player we hate but dont know exactly why?

Behrami is mine.
    Dont know why but i cant stand the sight of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I guess we all have a player we hate but dont know exactly why?

Behrami is mine.
    Dont know why but i cant stand the sight of him.

I hear ya

It's the hair. He looks like something out of Jersey Shore

69153.jpg

Corholio wrote: »

The only thing worse than his attitude is the condition of his knees. Hoping he passes the medical so we can be rid of him.

There's a reason we are taking such a hit only 12 months on. Paid €6m only expecting about €2m back. Maybe more hopefully because it's an English club.

Anyone follow Serie A and know about Albin Ekdal? He is supposed to sign from relegated Cagliari to replace Behrami.

Behrami will sign with Watford for €2.5m tomorrow after he (hopefully) passes his medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Nzonzi 7million from Stoke to Sevilla. Big loss for Stoke. Had a great year last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oat23 wrote: »
    Anyone follow Serie A and know about Albin Ekdal? He is supposed to sign from relegated Cagliari to replace Behrami.

Behrami will sign with Watford for €2.5m tomorrow after he (hopefully) passes his medical.

He's swedish. And he plays in midfield. Thats the extent of it. :p

I'm sure there are youtube vids of him out there....probably with awful music in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Nzonzi 7million from Stoke to Sevilla. Big loss for Stoke. Had a great year last year

A decent player for the money and a loss to many clubs in the Premier League.

Krychowiak replacement I wonder?

Jaysus -just had a look at his wiki and he's Sevilla's record signing @ £7m.

Just goes to show you the **** off money that's in the EPL at present when a multi Europa League winning outfit with Champions League football have that as their max spend. Spurs/Liverpool/Everton have all more or less hit the £30m mark in comparison. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Official: Konoplyanka joins Sevilla from Dnipro
    Goal.com - 2 hours ago
    Sevilla have confirmed they have completed the free transfer of Yevhen
    Konoplyanka from Dnipro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Given to stoke done, allowing begovic to go to chelsea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

retalivity wrote: »

Could be great for Ireland, although I foresee Jack Butland becoming the number 1 unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wilberto wrote: »
    Could be great for Ireland, although I foresee Jack Butland becoming the number 1 unfortunately.

Given is going there very much to mentor Butland and be number two in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Oat23 wrote: »

He went off my radar a bit in recent years but there were high hopes for him when he was coming through at Juve. I remember the phrase "the next Nedved" being mentioned.

He generally plays in the hole between midfield and attack as far as I know.

retalivity wrote: »

£8m the reported fee for Begovic. I can't get my head around that one at all. Surely you'd pick up an able deputy that's good enough to play when necessary for far less than that. In an ideal world, Begovic wouldn't play at all but will probably get domestic cup games. Van Ginkel going to Stoke on loan also.

I think Stoke have done a very good deal here.

Cabaye to Palace confirmed. £13m, 3 year deal.

It's big money, but it's the best signing of the summer so far IMO. He will be on another level to anything they have had for a long, long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

£8m the reported fee for Begovic. I can't get my head around that one at all. Surely you'd pick up an able deputy that's good enough to play when necessary for far less than that. In an ideal world, Begovic wouldn't play at all but will probably get domestic cup games. Van Ginkel going to Stoke on loan also.

I think Stoke have done a very good deal here.

Cech played I think 16 games last year, 7 in the league, including a few of the UCL group games and the odd FA and league cup games.

I reckon Beogvic will probably get 10 games and thats if Courtois isnt injured/suspended.

A lot of his value for Chelsea also resides in his HG status, thats pretty invaluable IMO. Theres not many other HG GKs at his level that are available.

It's big money, but it's the best signing of the summer so far IMO. He will be on another level to anything they have had for a long, long time.

Can't get my head around that one tbh. No offence to Palace but surely you'd think he's a level above that? At least for a Europa League team?

Keep saying it but just another pointer towards the sick money that's in the EPL atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Will be interesting to see if gets free-kick duty over Puncheon. You'd imagine he would, he is a superb FK taker, which in a team at Palace's level could be worth a couple of extra points per season

Great signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January if he has a good 6 months at Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/619429150550544384
    Stoke City have completed the signing of Mohamed El Ouriachi from Barcelona

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/619443818706927616
    Manchester United’s Rafael da Silva closing on move to Galatasaray

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Everyone going to Turkey these days

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

cson wrote: »
    Can't get my head around that one tbh. No offence to Palace but surely you'd think he's a level above that? At least for a Europa League team?

Keep saying it but just another pointer towards the sick money that's in the EPL atm.

London is also a big draw. When Remy moved to QPR that was real head scratcher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

GavRedKing wrote:
    Cech played I think 16 games last year, 7 in the league, including a few of the UCL group games and the odd FA and league cup games.

GavRedKing wrote:
    I reckon Beogvic will probably get 10 games and thats if Courtois isnt injured/suspended.

Can't see how someone would move to a club to play 10 games a season. I know it's money but he's a good goalie.

Throwing away years of a career for 30 pieces of silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can't see how someone would move to a club to play 10 games a season. I know it's money but he's a good goalie.

75000 pieces of silver a week. Who else would pay that for a sub?

Anyone think the forum will need a Super Lig superthread to keep up to date with old friends? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Begovic is a good GK he knows hes not going to dislodge one fo the top GKs in the world barring a few horrendous displays from Courtois. Begovic is what we needed too incase we have to rely on him, few years back if Cech got injured it was guys like Hilario, Turnbull or Schwarzer coming into the team, none of them good enough to be a replacement.

It also makes a change from being linked with another HG GK this summer in Rob Green.
    JPA wrote: »
    75000 pieces of silver a week. Who else would pay that for a sub?

Thats a 25k saving on Cechs wages and a near 3m profit on the tranfer fee. I'll take that for a capable deputy to Courtois. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Begovic is a good GK he knows hes not going to dislodge one fo the top GKs in the world barring a few horrendous displays from Courtois. Begovic is what we needed too incase we have to rely on him, few years back if Cech got injured it was guys like Hilario, Turnbull or Schwarzer coming into the team, none of them good enough to be a replacement.

It also makes a change from being linked with another HG GK this summer in Rob Green.

Thats a 25k saving on Cechs wages and a near 3m profit on the tranfer fee. I'll take that for a capable deputy to Courtois. :)

Ninja edit...... talking bollox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/PSV/status/619408925511811072

Wijnaldum deal to Newcastle looks done. Also alot of talk about Mitrovic to Newcastle today as well. Loved both players in FM :P

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/619416029417095170

Cabaye to Palance confirmed.

• Advertisement

BBC Sport ✔
    @BBCSport

Former West Ham and Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood signs for Nuneaton Town: http://bbc.in/1Mkfwxi

2:01 PM - 10 Jul 2015

Advertisement