Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim White will be devastated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

klose wrote: »
    Yeah ive been saying for a bit that i think city would go for sterling. Whats the minimum amount of homegrown players a team can have? 8 is it?
    there's no min amount of hg players needed

you can have a max amount of 17 foreigners though, and 8 over 21 players who are home grown, so after the 17 foreigners it needs to be all home grown or u21 basically

This, you can have a maximum of 17 over 21 foreginers in the squad and upto 8 over 21 HG players, making a max squad available of 25 players.

You can have however include any amount of under 21 players from all over the world in your squad, in theory having a squad of 40 is possible as long as you include under 21s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hoffenheim signed Fabian Schar from Basle. A lot of teams could have done worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hoffenheim signed Fabian Schar from Basle. A lot of teams could have done worse.

I'm quite surprised by that. Thought "bigger" clubs would have been in for him. I know Hoffenheim aren't exactly small but you know what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised by that. Thought "bigger" clubs would have been in for him. I know Hoffenheim aren't exactly small but you know what I mean!
    Hoffenheim are very wealthy and he wouldn't have to learn another language or adapt to a culture that's too different. United, Arsenal and Spurs have been very slow on the draw with this one though, he would have improved the squad for all of them.

Cleverly to Everton. Who's happiest there? The guy is Mr average English player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rarnes1 wrote:
    Cleverly to Everton. Who's happiest there? The guy is Mr average English player.

It's a good fit..can keep his house from his utd days too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

van der Vaart is joining newly promoted Real Betis on a free.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/606080661393424384

Pirlo accepts offer to join Lampard at New York FC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

zerks wrote: »

Pirlo to Man City in January then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Barcelona will sign Alex Vidal from Sevilla, confirmed there a minute ago. Right winger who sometimes plays right back for Sevilla for he's probably being viewed to as alves replacement.

That transfer ban really showed barca though eh

klose wrote: »
    Barcelona will sign Alex Vidal from Sevilla, confirmed there a minute ago. Right winger who sometimes plays right back for Sevilla for he's probably being viewed to as alves replacement.

That transfer ban really showed barca though eh

Yeah they can sign him but he can't play until January 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah they can sign him but he can't play until January 2016

Wasn't the ban to cover both a Summer and Winter transfer window though? Or did it start in Jan this year?

Degag wrote: »
    Wasn't the ban to cover both a Summer and Winter transfer window though? Or did it start in Jan this year?
    Think thats it yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seriously ambitious stuff from Liverpool

AdamD wrote: »
    Seriously ambitious stuff from Liverpool

It's a fairly meh signing, he's young and English.

But yeah, stick in the boot anyway. Good analysis

It's a good signing if only to cover Sturridge's regular injuries. Not every signing has to be the next Suarez.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's a fairly meh signing, he's young and English.

But yeah, stick in the boot anyway. Good analysis
    CSF wrote: »
    It's a good signing if only to cover Sturridge's regular injuries. Not every signing has to be the next Suarez.

I think its pretty clear from the last few seasons that teams aren't able to successfully integrate 5/6 new players and start a season well. Liverpool are 2 signings in already, with Sterling potentially leaving and still needing players in key positions. Meh signings aren't going to push them forward, 2/3 strong signings would. Pretty confident to predict that if Liverpool sign more than 5 first team players they won't make top 4

• Advertisement

I think its pretty clear from the last few seasons that teams aren't able to successfully integrate 5/6 new players and start a season well. Liverpool are 2 signings in already, with Sterling potentially leaving and still needing players in key positions. Meh signings aren't going to push them forward, 2/3 strong signings would. Pretty confident to predict that if Liverpool sign more than 5 first team players they won't make top 4

Ings won't be a first team player.

Milner will be and I think most people are quite happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Its hard to integrate 5/6 foreign players. I think players like Milner/Ings who offer huge workrate along with their ability have a better chance of fitting in that someone like Markovic last season.

Both Markovic and Lallana joined last season and i think its fair to say Lallana was less sh1te that Markovic purely because he worked harder. Both were poor but Lallana was less poor than Markovic IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Villa, Lampard and Pirlo in the same side would be interesting to watch!

slingerz wrote: »
    Its hard to integrate 5/6 foreign players. I think players like Milner/Ings who offer huge workrate along with their ability have a better chance of fitting in that someone like Markovic last season.

Both Markovic and Lallana joined last season and i think its fair to say Lallana was less sh1te that Markovic purely because he worked harder. Both were poor but Lallana was less poor than Markovic IMO

Lallana was probably less ****e because hes 6 years older and wasn't playing completely out of position..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If ever two parties could take back a transfer, I'm sure Sunderland and Darren Bent would be the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lallana was probably less ****e because hes 6 years older and wasn't playing completely out of position..

possibly and also because hes probably better than Markovic too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Independent are reporting that Spurs have had a 12m bid accepted on Ings, in spite of Liverpool agreeing the deal to sign him. While it looks like he's still Liverpool bound, this is relevant.

Tottenham’s late bid for the player will be taken into consideration if a tribunal meets to decide the fee. Though Ings has no interest in joining Spurs, Burnley can cite the higher offer, as well as the player’s contribution for them, as relevant factors for consideration if the case comes before a Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC).

So Burnley can now demand more than the initially touted 5m Pool were paying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-face-paying-more-for-danny-ings-than-expected-after-tottenham-have-12m-bid-accepted-by-burnley-10306613.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    .... Though Ings has no interest in joining Spurs, Burnley can cite the higher offer, as well as the player’s contribution for them, as relevant factors for consideration if the case comes before a Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC).[/i]

Are Spurs literally only doing this to screw with Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Are Spurs literally only doing this to screw with Liverpool?

Apparently Spurs are after Trippier so the thinking is we'll get a discount on him in return for driving up the Ings fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Signing Paul Pogba would be a huge gamble for either Real Madrid or Barcelona, says Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Terry Gibson.

“I’m not criticising Pogba. I still think he’s a very very good young player,” said Gibson on the La Liga Weekly Podcast.

“But I still think it’s a huge gamble for Real Madrid or Barcelona to pay the huge sum of money it’s going to take to get him to leave Juventus.

“I would rather have Claudio Marchisio. Marchisio is a better player than Paul Pogba.

“He played better at the weekend and he’s done it for a longer period of time. There’s a big age difference but Pogba’s a glamour signing.”

Who is Terry Gibson and what is he smoking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

didn't he used to play for united?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Arlauskis has joined Watford

Sunderland are trying to cancel the permanent signing of Alvarez after his performances yet Inter are refusing to take him back. Sunderland are trying to claim he is injured and that voids the deal.

Sunderland are trying to cancel the permanent signing of Alvarez after his performances yet Inter are refusing to take him back. Sunderland are trying to claim he is injured and that voids the deal.

Just really goes to show what a shambles we have going on at boardroom level. The agreement should be pretty clear one way or the other and if it is there, whoever sanctioned the deal in the first place should be shot. It should have been an option to buy, not guarantee.

Having to sign him permanently would be an utter disaster considering how rubbish he was. £7.5m too :rolleyes: That said, I'd rather be staying up and have to sign him than go down and not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Berlusconi selling 48% of his shares in Milan has given an influx of cash that hasn't been there for years.

Over the last few days negotiations have begun for Jackson Martinez and Geoffrey Kondogbia.

Was expecting a few big signings but these two would be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Newcastle will be looking for a new manager now as they've sacked Carver and his assistant manager.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33067889

DenMan wrote: »
    Newcastle will be looking for a new manager now as they've sacked Carver and his assistant manager.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33067889

Steve McClaren is done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Paully D wrote: »

Sure looks that way! He failed to get Derby back into the Premier League but looks a cert to be a Premier League manager next season with the Geordies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Paully D wrote: »

So the comedy continues there.
    Poor Darryl Janmaat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm loathe to defend McClaren, but he came very close to getting Derby up. Wouldn't call his job there a disaster by any means. I think he's a solid manager overall, who has demonstrated an ability to win a league and progress in European competition. A good pick up for Newcastle tbh.

That comb over is indefensible though, jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

didn't he used to play for united?

Part of the original 'Crazy Gang' too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looks like Pedro Obiang is joining West Ham....not sure if that is a good signing or a sign of the lack of progress in his development as a player. I always imagined him joining a team that was erm...well good :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Micah Richards on the released list out today would be a nice freebie for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

cson wrote: »
    Micah Richards on the released list out today would be a nice freebie for someone.

Was linked with Liverpool a lot over the years. I'd expect the rumours to start again.

He's still only 26!

Knex. wrote: »

He's still only 26!

Had to check that, thought he was much older!

He has only played 29 league games in the last 3 years!

• Advertisement

Given that City are short on the HG player front keeping Richards mightnt have been a bad idea, unless they feel like hes going to offer them nothing at all and looking at their options, he'd struggle to be involved and probably hoover decent wages.

Still though, might be an option for a mid, lower level EPL side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Trying to find a bit of info on Douglas at Barca. He could be out the door, would he be a better option than Micah Richards?

For some reason I really expect Villa to be in for Richards. Also he would be one of the few targets I could see them go after before the ownership of the club is sorted due to his beiing a free transfer.

For some reason I really expect Villa to be in for Richards. Also he would be one of the few targets I could see them go after before the ownership of the club is sorted due to his beiing a free transfer.

Wages would be an issue I'd assume? Unless hes willing to take a pay cut to play a decet level of football.

Subsequenly, had QPR survived, he'd have been a typical signing for them and somewhere I'd have expected him to end up. :o

tbh I think he will be taking a pay cut anywhere he is going unless he is signed just cos he can make up HG quota a big club has. The one potential exception being Liverpool who do need a RB with Johnson also off on a free but I doubt too many others will offer Man City money to him esp considering his lack of games the past few years.

That said he will also get a nice fat signing on bonus like most free transfers anywhere he goes and perhaps cos he is free he might be able to get slightly higher wages from a lower EPL club than youd expect. QPR being in for him if they stayed up would be logical alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement